Photo

Pwn In The Uk

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sam.Toombs

Sam.Toombs

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:I am currently studying International Criminology at Sheffield University here in the UK and however dull that may sound i actually do enjoy it.<br /><br />I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy/Cataplexy when i was about 19 and i do appreciate the friendships across the globe that this has brought me.<br /><br /><br /><br />

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:45 AM

ok this is not to detract from other sites such as the daily strength site that Denirosdoll added (because i am a member there a well and i think it is a great site) but ...

For all of those people on this board that are from the UK and for all those who aren't but are interested anyway - there will be a new website called Narcolepsy Connections that should be up and running at some point during December.

As far as i can tell it is being made with the intention to be as good as the Amercian NN but for people in the UK.
I was asked to do a bit of an introduction to myself for the website as were other PWN as a way of highlighting the ways that it can affect different aspects of our lives - so my parents were also asked to write something to show how difficult it can be for parents of PWN.

i have no idea what the site is going to be like because it is not up and running yet but i just thought i would give you all a heads up ... and i'll probably post again when it is up and runnng.

http://www.narcolepsyconnections.co.uk

ok the link wont do anything for now but that is where it will be i think when it is up and running.

Sam

p.s. there is also a facebook group for this site, you can either type in Narcolepsy connections and find it that way or if you are my friend on facebook then just check out the groups that i am with.

#2 Sam.Toombs

Sam.Toombs

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:I am currently studying International Criminology at Sheffield University here in the UK and however dull that may sound i actually do enjoy it.<br /><br />I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy/Cataplexy when i was about 19 and i do appreciate the friendships across the globe that this has brought me.<br /><br /><br /><br />

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:31 AM

ok

following on from this post - the new UK webiste is up and running - i think it mgiht still have afew kinks to work out but other than that give it a look!

This does not mean that the mass invasion of Brits onto this board will stop, i don't think i speak just for myself when i say that without this board a lot of us would have suffered a lot more and in a lot more solitude

anywho - i am suffering with bad flu so i am off to bed

Sam