• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (AssociatedWithFire @ Nov 20 2008, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, Im new to this site and thank god I found it! I dont know if this is the right place for just talking but the title makes me think so. I live in upstate NY and have N w/ cat and somnolence (sp?). Untill now I havent found any means of support. My condition is this: I have N but I also have insomnia keeping me up for 3-4 days at a time. Its the strangest combonation in my mind. I go through my days being in a constant state of needing to go to sleep but cant by choice, and when I do finally get to fall asleep unless my wife wakes me up I can easily sleep for 2-3 days straight through. when I wake up I am no more rested than if I hadent slept at all and could easily go right back to sleep. the only thing that much sleep does for me is give me the immidiate need for a toilette. My condition has been quickly becoming worse. Last week for the first time I simply blanked out twice in one hour. the scarriest part at the moment was I was driving at the time. I had to pull of the road and have my wife pick me up and my wife got a friend of ours to drive my work van home. when she got to me i had the second blank out and was asleep and some how she ggot me in the car and home to bed. she said I walked to the car and walked into the house but I dont remember any of it. now I seem to have developed blanks in time more frequently. If not for this site I would be far more scared than I am. I actually cried with joy when I found this site! and am welling up a little now finaly having a place to talk about whats happining to me where people can understand! God bless all of you and God bless the Person who made this site avalible!!!

In my very first post on this site I stated that I was bawling my eyes out. This is such an alienating and distressing disease that it is truly a soulful relief to find empathetic support. Today I spent the entire day in bed and on the couch. I am so fortunate to have a good friend that has a day care because she actually came to my house and picked up my 3yo this morning. Sometimes I honestly hate myself.

I can easily do the same things that you describe. I think what you're experiencing as far as not remembering what you did is called "automatic behavior." It's scary and frustrating. The best that I can do to assuage my fears is to know that I most likely know what I'm doing at the time. Hopefully. It's actually more terrifying than anything else that is caused by N because I worry about how I take care of my children. I will not drive out of town (which is only a couple miles wide) and I won't even drive in town if I feel the slightest symptoms, so I don't worry about that. Lapses in time are also bad.

I have changed so much as a person. The symptoms have been around since I was a kid, but they've gotten out of hand. I think that my personality has actually changed. Anyway, I am so happy for you because I know what a relief it is to find others with N. Stay on the site and please respond.

#2 AssociatedWithFire

AssociatedWithFire

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Bruised and battered from abuse with out a blow

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:58 AM

Thank you for your words. In the few days I have explored this site I can tell I will spend alot of time here. I have alot of unwanted spare time recently and Im spending the time reading posts. Ive noticed when Im on this site I dont feel so alone.

I look forward to reading more from you. thank you again.