A Couple Weeks In, What A Difference!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GP1970

GP1970

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:24 AM

OK, well it's been a couple weeks since my Neurologist told me he felt I have some degree of N. I personally have told myself yes that is it, but I am going with it as a strong possibility which has given me an "opening" to attack.

My degree of N if that is what it is, is a "mild" one compared to what I have learned here. My only symptoms are a lot of EDS and broken sleep at night. I may have helusinacions but not sure. I do dream, or think I dream pretty quickly. I mean if I fall alseep but wake up 30 minutes later, I can dream within that time. Another example would be if I have the TV on in bed and fall asleep, I will "dream" with the voices of the TV being the voices in my dream (maybe that's normal) but..if they are H's then I get them also.

To date since then, I have only started taking 200mg of Provigil and all I have to say "I can't believe people live like this!" I don't have more energy but I am not tired throughoput the day. No yawning, no naps, no urges to nap, nothing! Last week my team told me I looked like I was on speed! My brain was working correctly finally and I didn't know what to do with myself. Today was the best day I have had in a long time, a very long time. I am seeing things sooooo clearly, work was a breeze. I always said even though I am a manager and have a lot of resposibilty, my job is not hard. I mean not everyone could do it but I always viewed it as...this is easy for me but it wasn't because I knew I wasn't right. Today...I was me, finally back to me!

This is just one step and I am taking this one day at a time. I was able to complete a full week of working out again. This is all I needed was one small spark, I got it and I am running with it. My sleep at night seems to be leveling off a bit now too but not 100% certain. I am hoping now that I have a plan and something to work with, I can slow the progression of this for as long as I can.

Thanks for reading, I had to share.

#2 too exhausted

too exhausted

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE (GP1970 @ Nov 18 2008, 05:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, well it's been a couple weeks since my Neurologist told me he felt I have some degree of N. I personally have told myself yes that is it, but I am going with it as a strong possibility which has given me an "opening" to attack.

My degree of N if that is what it is, is a "mild" one compared to what I have learned here. My only symptoms are a lot of EDS and broken sleep at night. I may have helusinacions but not sure. I do dream, or think I dream pretty quickly. I mean if I fall alseep but wake up 30 minutes later, I can dream within that time. Another example would be if I have the TV on in bed and fall asleep, I will "dream" with the voices of the TV being the voices in my dream (maybe that's normal) but..if they are H's then I get them also.

To date since then, I have only started taking 200mg of Provigil and all I have to say "I can't believe people live like this!" I don't have more energy but I am not tired throughoput the day. No yawning, no naps, no urges to nap, nothing! Last week my team told me I looked like I was on speed! My brain was working correctly finally and I didn't know what to do with myself. Today was the best day I have had in a long time, a very long time. I am seeing things sooooo clearly, work was a breeze. I always said even though I am a manager and have a lot of resposibilty, my job is not hard. I mean not everyone could do it but I always viewed it as...this is easy for me but it wasn't because I knew I wasn't right. Today...I was me, finally back to me!

This is just one step and I am taking this one day at a time. I was able to complete a full week of working out again. This is all I needed was one small spark, I got it and I am running with it. My sleep at night seems to be leveling off a bit now too but not 100% certain. I am hoping now that I have a plan and something to work with, I can slow the progression of this for as long as I can.

Thanks for reading, I had to share.

That's fantastic that provigil works for you. I would advice you to try out things that relax you aswel. Because finding relaxation techniques while you aren't stressed gives you the energy to find them. The reason why I say this is because in life we all go through stressful periods which are out of our control. The stress will have a negative effect on your N. So finding things now can therefore be put in place when or if the need arises. Its like insurance.
I fall asleep while watching the tv and dream about the show. I then have to read the tv mags or re watch it (all good shows are taped) as I don't know what is the tv's story line to what is mine due to the dream. It does get confusing as obviously I have missed some of the show but can't remember when I actually did fall asleep to know how far to rewind back and what I dreamed isn't part of the show.
Its not a hallucination, thats another symptom. You would see, sometimes feel, and hear things, people, creatures etc as if they are really there. You brain tells you that there isn't a eyptian mummy (for example) in your bedroom, but you can see it, so its real and scary. I see people in the day time walk in front of me then disappear. My night time ones are always scary and I have to be reassured from my partner that its not real. My heart is pounding so fast and sweat is pouring off me. I can never get back to sleep because I feel like it did happen and also worry that the nightmare will continue. My back goes really cold and my spine really hurts. I tend to get them when waking up from the nightmare.