• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:31 AM

I never want to force my political views on anyone (and especially not here), but I do want to share some joy I'm feeling due to the recent election.

Last night, we all saw history happen before our eyes. Instead of being guilted into feeling patriotic, I can honestly say I truly am proud to be American! Doubt has been replaced with hope. Divide has been replaced with a plan for healing.

You can disagree with my political views..that is one of the freedoms I am thankful for. For those that disagree with me, can we agree to disagree while restoring Amercia to the great country we can all be proud of?

Yes...yes we can.

Love and prayers!

-Stu

#2 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:42 AM

duuude. I totally cried. If it wasn't so important I might have been considered pathetic!

#3 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, science, Halloween, music (am I being too generic??)

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:09 PM

I cried my eyes out with joy, took endless pictures of the TV, and even had a bit of C in the excitement of the moment. I made my son stay up to watch because this is such a historic moment. I am so proud of my fellow countrymen/women and feeling quite patriotic at the moment.

The stories pouring in about parties in the streets and spontaneous chanting breaking out all over the world is overwhelmingly inspiring.

YES WE CAN!!

#4 GP1970

GP1970

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (dogdreams @ Nov 6 2008, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I cried my eyes out with joy, took endless pictures of the TV, and even had a bit of C in the excitement of the moment. I made my son stay up to watch because this is such a historic moment. I am so proud of my fellow countrymen/women and feeling quite patriotic at the moment.

The stories pouring in about parties in the streets and spontaneous chanting breaking out all over the world is overwhelmingly inspiring.

YES WE CAN!!

I did not vote for him for various reasons and at this point, it doesn't matter. For me it works like this. He is now my President and I support him 100%. I don't care how dark his skin is or where his religion is. I am natural born artist and I am color blind! Just do right by the people for the good of this country. Show me you are worth it.

biggrin.gif

#5 Ashley

Ashley

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Pottery, music, my boyfriend, watching movies and going to comedy clubs.

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:53 PM

A month later.........

I cried too!!! It was the most historic moment of my life. No doubt the most beautiful speech ever. I couldn't imaging hanging out with him. I'd feel so dumb.

#6 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:59 PM

I cannot express enough how happy I am that Obama was elected, and for a greater reason than just getting greedy Bush out of the White HOuse. (Notice how gas prices started falling within a couple of weeks before the election? I've talked about how smart my mom was, how she has a HUGE list of firsts as a woman professional. She was involved in petroleum industry, even OPEC. Believe me, there IS a lot more that happens behind closed doors than you think, and hopefully people will wake up and truly understand that - the above example of gas prices hopefully gives some idea. It was not a coincidence nor was it just based on Iraq, Afghanistan.)

In a couple of posts I have mentioned being born in the deep South, and although I love everything about the days of my youth and the physical beauty of the land, I will not live there now nor will I ever take my kids there to grow up. I miss my heritage, but I do NOT miss the racism. Maybe it's better now. There is racism everywhere, but things that I saw and heard were things that I NEVER want to share with my children. It means so very much to me that Obama was elected. He is an intelligent man with thoughtful eyes, but I have to admit that it is also because of racism that I am so very thankful that he was chosen to represent our nation for at least four years. It gives me hope for America, for our people, and for my children.

I still have nightmares about what I've seen...