Photo

New Member Of My Family

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Lovemyhusband

Lovemyhusband

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:I love to read, spend time with my family and will always say yes to a trip to an amusement park!

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:44 PM

About a week ago Andre decided to get the family a dog. He has for the last 19 years told me he dislikes dogs and would never own one. Well I was pleasantly surprised when he decided to go get a dog last week.

Guess what....He loves to sleep! I am so surprised that he will sleep for hours on end with Andre. It must be fate, that's the only way I can describe Andre's sudden want of a dog.

His name is Frank. He's just so darn cute!!

Attached Files

#2 Mike M

Mike M

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:Ultimate Frisbee, Literature, Film, Music, Narcolepsy, Education

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:38 PM

Congrats! He is adorable!

#3 Kimberly

Kimberly

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Retired racing Greyhounds

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:17 AM

What an adorable face... enjoy him (if Andre will let you)!

#4 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:36 AM

OMG that is the freaking cutest thing I seen all DAY!!!!!!!

Just remember you cant take him on a plane, that breed does not do well flying. so only road trips for you guys!!!

curious... why did you name him Frank?

#5 Lovemyhusband

Lovemyhusband

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:I love to read, spend time with my family and will always say yes to a trip to an amusement park!

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (Marcianna @ Oct 25 2008, 02:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG that is the freaking cutest thing I seen all DAY!!!!!!!

Just remember you cant take him on a plane, that breed does not do well flying. so only road trips for you guys!!!

curious... why did you name him Frank?

Andre has really bad motion sickness so we never fly, we always drive. Its just another point that makes me think Frank was meant to be ours.

Andre named him Frank because that's what the pug in Men In Black was named. My daughter is still clinging to hope that he will sing LOL!

#6 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (Lovemyhusband @ Oct 25 2008, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Andre has really bad motion sickness so we never fly, we always drive. Its just another point that makes me think Frank was meant to be ours.

Andre named him Frank because that's what the pug in Men In Black was named. My daughter is still clinging to hope that he will sing LOL!

HA HA!!! I knew it! That dog was cool! All dogs sing actually, they just do it when we are not around. They have terrible performance anxiety. That is why.

#7 Kimberly

Kimberly

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (Marcianna @ Oct 25 2008, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All dogs sing actually, they just do it when we are not around. They have terrible performance anxiety. That is why.

I have to beg to differ on this one, if you have never heard a Greyhound 'ROO' you might not get it, but our dogs do sing in front of us (and our female even sings WITH my husband)! We leave music on for them when we are not home, or any time we want to calm them, since music was played almost constantly when they were living in the kennels on the racetrack.

But -- to get back to Frank -- I am STILL bowled over by how adorable he is, and I love the name reference! All he needs now are some little "doggles" (canine sunglasses) and he's ready for prime time!

#8 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (Kimberly @ Oct 27 2008, 06:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to beg to differ on this one, if you have never heard a Greyhound 'ROO' you might not get it, but our dogs do sing in front of us (and our female even sings WITH my husband)! We leave music on for them when we are not home, or any time we want to calm them, since music was played almost constantly when they were living in the kennels on the racetrack.

But -- to get back to Frank -- I am STILL bowled over by how adorable he is, and I love the name reference! All he needs now are some little "doggles" (canine sunglasses) and he's ready for prime time!

Well of course greyhounds are the exception. They traditionally are bred to be in the public eye. To bad their careers are so damaging. That is why so many of them are singers as a back up plan. Some also are pretty good on the drums I have heard...

When you figure out what Franks special talent is you will have to let us know!

#9 Mike M

Mike M

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:58 PM

I am also stunned by how adorable Frank is (and as a HUGE fan of Frank in Men in Black - kudos!). Here is my question, though. Is there a connection between narcolepsy and pugs? I ask because I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that if we could get a dog at our home it would be a pug. We have three cats (and two mice and a number of fish), but a dog is out because our lives would not be conducive to treating the dog properly. Still, my daughter and I keep hoping that a pug is in our future some day. I just think it is hilarious that another PWN and his family now have a pug. Let Frank know that he is welcome to visit us in Minnesota if you ever do hit the road with him.

#10 Kimberly

Kimberly

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (Mike M @ Oct 27 2008, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is my question, though. Is there a connection between narcolepsy and pugs? I ask because I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that if we could get a dog at our home it would be a pug.

This is too funny Mike, because the first breed that my husband and I were interested in getting was Pug! After we did our breed research we decided they didn't work well for our lifestyle, which is why we ended up with Greyhounds. But we love the puggies too and there's LOTS of sleep going on at our house with my N and my husband's OSA.

#11 Lovemyhusband

Lovemyhusband

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE (Mike M @ Oct 27 2008, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am also stunned by how adorable Frank is (and as a HUGE fan of Frank in Men in Black - kudos!). Here is my question, though. Is there a connection between narcolepsy and pugs? I ask because I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that if we could get a dog at our home it would be a pug. We have three cats (and two mice and a number of fish), but a dog is out because our lives would not be conducive to treating the dog properly. Still, my daughter and I keep hoping that a pug is in our future some day. I just think it is hilarious that another PWN and his family now have a pug. Let Frank know that he is welcome to visit us in Minnesota if you ever do hit the road with him.

Hey Mike. I don't know if there is a connection with N and Pugs. I only did a little research on the breed since I did not have a lot of notice that he was coming. They are very social dogs, they love human contact. As a new owner of a Pug he is the best dog. I had many dogs in my childhood and none of them (as much as I loved them all) compare to Frank. Although he follows me around the house during the day he gives each one of us equal love time. He will sit with the kids and watch TV or play with them. His favorite part of the day (I only say its his favorite because he gets the most excited) is when I wake up Andre by putting him in Andre's bed. Frank sleeps with me at night but spends a good portion of it with Andre since he is still awake. When Andre is ready to lay down Frank gets put in my bed and stays with me, but not without the comments from daddy that he will see him soon and to be a good boy for mommy.

Frank loves all of the other animals on the street. Cats are not a problem for him but I do think he has a slight case of "little man" complex. He will pick the biggest dog, bark and walk away like he owns the town, it's very funny to see. He has not met the iquana a few doors down yet but I think we will put that off until he is out of his puppy play stage.

Oh by the way I think I will dress him up as a MIB agent since it seems so fitting for Halloween. If Andre lets me get away with it I will post pictures!

#12 Mike M

Mike M

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

I dearly hope that you are able to take and post pictures of MIB Frank!