NN's Support Group List

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 mtc

mtc

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:39 PM

Are there any members who live in the New Orleans area that would be interested in starting a support group?

#2 mtc

mtc

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (mtc @ Oct 21 2008, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are there any members who live in the New Orleans area that would be interested in starting a support group?

There must be someone that reads these posts that live in the new orleans area. I visited my neurologist the other day and she said she has diagnosed several people with narcolepsy. So where are Y'all?? rolleyes.gif Even if you don't want to start a local support group (I know, I am actually too tired too). I would like to hear from you!

#3 LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:When not at work I enjoy hanging out with friends, going to the flea market,or staying home creating art and being crafty.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

Yes ME! Hi I'm a new member and just recently figured out how to sign in the message board.I live Uptown in New Orleans, born and raised in Metairie. Let me know if your still interested.

#4 cnlmustard

cnlmustard

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

Yes, who dat! I was born here also. Was dx'ed in Jan of '99.
Have checked in and out of this site since, but the local groups thing must be new.
My doc has only one other narcolepsy patient.

#5 slo.mo.a.go.go

slo.mo.a.go.go

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:can't get enough creativity, silliness, learning, traveling near & far, art, illustration, absurdity, cycling, living simply, Marx Brothers movies!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

Narcoleptics in NOLA, hello!

Looking for recommendations for a great sleep spec/neurologist to get sleep study.

-or how bout docs to avoid or docs that you wouldn't recommend?

Thanks-A.

#6 cnlmustard

cnlmustard

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

I've met one other N on NOLA, she actually was a waitress in a restaurent I frequented with my wife and that was mind-blowing!

I can recommend you DON'T go to Dr. Adams, Olejnizak, or Willensky.

Try Dr Layne, even though he's a pulmononologist, he's excellent for narcolepsy.

A support group might be interesting here!

#7 slo.mo.a.go.go

slo.mo.a.go.go

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:can't get enough creativity, silliness, learning, traveling near & far, art, illustration, absurdity, cycling, living simply, Marx Brothers movies!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:48 AM

Thanks for the thumbs up & thumbs down dr referrals-cnlmustard. I just don't have $ for extra doc consults to find out for myself.

Support group -yes -the more the merrier! I love share a laugh with those who are going thru the same thing.  

I'm lucky to have a friend w/ N in NOLA,. Meeting another person with N was just like you said, mind blowing.  

#8 NYAries

NYAries

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

Hi!

I live in Harvey. I'd love to meet up with you all :-)

#9 Beckylaine

Beckylaine

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping, spending time with family & friends

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

I'm in Denham Springs, b/t Baton Rouge & Hammond. I know one other person in my area... I would live to meet others & share stories. I booked my trip to ATL yesterday for the N conference in October.

#10 NYAries

NYAries

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

Perfect, I'm planning on attending the Conference also!

#11 Beckylaine

Beckylaine

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

Perfect, I'm planning on attending the Conference also!

#12 slo.mo.a.go.go

slo.mo.a.go.go

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

I'm excited to see you local N folks going to the convention. I would love a meet-up to happen with SE Louisiana folks after the convention so those who went to Atlanta can share too. 

Despite how much I'm motivated to get some plans on paper, currently and for the near future, I just can't rely on myself to plan a N/IH get-together :\. But if I'm ever back to that level of functioning, I will arrange a meet-up in NOLA (@ a local coffee shop, of course) for SE Louisiana.     

#13 Beckylaine

Beckylaine

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

I initially thought meeting up in NOLA or somewhere close would be a great idea. But then I remembered there's no way I could drive to NOLA by myself.  I can't even make it to Hammond by myself... :(

#14 slo.mo.a.go.go

slo.mo.a.go.go

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

Dang, I had that thought in the back of my mind, that PWN wouldn't be able to get to NOLA if one had to drive here. I've had to stop driving too, and I want to support those who've made those difficult decisions 'bout driving safety. Shucks.

However, I'm happy for you to see you are going to the convention :) .

#15 Cstarr2

Cstarr2

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted Today, 02:16 PM

Hi! I just am coming across this post. I was diagnosed with N last October so I'm still fairly new with learning how to live with N. I am from NOLA but am living in Baton Rouge with my fiancé. I know the previous posts are old but I've recently felt the need to try and find someone I could at least talk to about my N in my area! Anyone interested?? I don't know anyone near me with N =\