45 replies to this topic

#41 jenji

jenji

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:the arts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (malachi777 @ Jun 2 2009, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, just to make sure, look at your hands and make sure they are not inserted in an electrical outlet. If they are safely away from an outlet, go back to sleep. If they are in an outlet, call 911.

LOL

What about if you find yourself blow drying your hair in the shower, is that a 911 moment?

jenji

#42 malachi777

malachi777

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (jenji @ Jun 3 2009, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL

What about if you find yourself blow drying your hair in the shower, is that a 911 moment?

jenji

That happened to me. My ex-wife threw the hair dryer in the shower while I was in there. Thank God she forgot it had to be plugged in. I still called 911...lol laugh.gif

#43 chimbakka

chimbakka

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:22 AM

bumping up the jolting post
but one question first, if both your hands are in a socket, how do you dial the phone?

ok serious part though. while on effexor i had a lot of jitteries and twitches and jolting. just thought i'd mention that and see if its a common link. i know henry hated effexor, it has also been evil for me. i was at the sleep doc this week and changed back to celexa. he said effexor is great for 8-9/10 people, but really not great for the rest

#44 Lais02

Lais02

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (chimbakka @ Jun 25 2009, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bumping up the jolting post
but one question first, if both your hands are in a socket, how do you dial the phone?

ok serious part though. while on effexor i had a lot of jitteries and twitches and jolting. just thought i'd mention that and see if its a common link. i know henry hated effexor, it has also been evil for me. i was at the sleep doc this week and changed back to celexa. he said effexor is great for 8-9/10 people, but really not great for the rest

For me Effexor was great... until I had to get off of it. That was the worst nightmare ever... so bad that I wish I'd have never gone on it in the first place.

#45 eww

eww

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:At the moment... mostly sleeping. And then my animals and university.

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:47 AM

i tend to do the hypnic jerk thing when i know I'm asleep butmy brain is still on. Or just after an early dream. At least I notice it a lot then.

#46 ragtimegal

ragtimegal

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:35 PM

I do that too. Sometimes I talk with family members as I'm falling asleep as though they were part of the dream. Sometimes I start dreaming just before I fall asleep. My family is used to it. They always say, "Whatever!" At least I have nice dreams and the early sleep stage hallucinations are pleasant. I do jerk awake as I'm falling asleep. Have you ever snapped awake in the middle of the night and run to the kitchen thinking you were late to work? ...on your day off? My family is used to that, too. My daughter just says, "Go back to bed, Mom!" and it seems to break the spell. However, it is prudent to always wear pajamas when you go to bed. Thank goodness we didn't have company over. One time I woke up in the middle of the night, got dressed and drove all of the way to work. When I got there I realized that it was Saturday and I had dreamed it was Monday. That only happened once. I now have an alarm clock that shows the day of the week, which is very helpful to someone with narcolepsy. I think everyone "jolts" once in a while when falling asleep. I've seen lots of non-narcoleptic people do it. I've also seen pets do it.

Attached Files

• Attached File  Cat2.gif   21.64KB   3 downloads