Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
josh virtue

Acupuncture For Eds Or Sleeplessness?

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried acupuncture for any of their their sleep disorders? I have a friend who is a firm believer in it, but he has never talked to anyone with N to see if it helped. I would love to hear stories if there is anybody that has been helped by this form of therapy.

jvirtue,

I go to my acupuncturist every two weeks. I definitely believe that it helps me. I would probably get even more of a benefit if I did it every week. Certainly, I still need my Xyrem and amphetamine, but I ALWAYS feel best in the 3-4 days after my acupuncture treatments. I hope that helps.

I tried accupuncture and I am certainly in favour of any natural alternatives. I hate the fact that I need prescription meds to function (well partly anyway when I am not sleeping 16hours a day plus ). I went to a chinese herbal place where the therapist couldn't speak English. Another lady translated for us both. But I was really sensitive to a couple of the needles, and it felt like I was bleeding. I wasn't but the pain actually stopped from from falling asleep. This is unheard me in a darken room with calming music laying on a bed and being awake. Anyway I then had a massage which I was told I needed after the accupuncture and i fall asleep. When I went to pay I couldn't focus and felt that I was still asleep. I walked out of the shop and a lady asked if I was all right and did I need medical help. I felt shocking and got her to ring my partner so he could fetch me home. I was out of it and slept for five solid hours. I felt ill for a few days afterwards. Everyone responds differently and I wouldn't let my experinece put you off but it didn't suit me. The lady told me that I would feel loads better straight away with more energy. Maybe I have something else that the treatment triggered.

Thanks for the info. The provigil that they put me on sort of makes me moody, and I tend to focus on one task for a very long time. Almost like OCD. My wife gets a little nervous when I can sit and draw for 6 hours. So the idea of an alternative got my curiosity.

Try it no harm if it doesn't work and if it does then great. I was very sensitive to provigil and it made me suicidal. My doctor kept saying that provigil wouldn't have that effect on me. I have never been remotley depressed before taking it and when I took myself off it my 'normal' happy self came back. Now provigil has been proven to cause suicidal thoughts and does carry a warning in the UK. I am now on dexedrine (amphetamine) and my doctor told me that I had to take anti depressents along side it. So I take St Johns Wort as prescription anti depressents make me vomit. The dexedrine suits me better than provigil did, but I do get a lot of side effects. I am the person who drinks a glass of wine and is drunk, two glasses aqnd I can hardly stand. I seem to be very sensitive to stimulants.

jvirtue,

I too struggled on Provigil. Mine did not have the severity of too exhausted, but I curled into the fetal position every morning for at least a half an hour when I was on it. My anxiety was insane. I hope you will try the acupuncture. As too exhausted said, if it doesn't work, no big deal. If it works, awesome! Good luck and do keep us posted.