• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kimberly

Kimberly

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Retired racing Greyhounds

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:53 AM

I have read lots about people getting "cured" of bad habits (smoking, nail biting, food compulsions, etc) through hypnosis.

I've never undergone hypnosis, but I keep wondering.. because of our N, would we be MORE apt to benefit from hypnosis, or LESS apt?

I have bitten my nails my entire life and have tried everything -- regular manicures, bad-tasting nail polish, wearing gloves around the house -- but have never been able to quit. I would be willing to try hypnosis in order to stop, but I would love to hear if there are any other pwn's who have undergone hypnosis to rid themselves of a bad habit, and how successful it was. I wouldn't want to pay for a session and just fall asleep! But on the other hand, if because of N, hypnosis REALLY works, then maybe I should think about more habits I need to get rid of.

Do tell.. thanks..

Kimberly

#2 too exhausted

too exhausted

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:57 PM

Hi,
I had hypnosis to try and destress me. Every time I go through stressful periods my N & C get worse. When the stressful time ha gone the symptoms remain. So I thought having hypnosis would help me work through all the bad moments in my life and I would be able to move on and heal. This is in my case, it didn't work. I just fell asleep. When she woke me up and asked me questions which she had put in my subconsious whilst I was 'under' I didn't have a clue what she was talking about. I did remember what I had been dreaming about though. I did go for a further 4 treatments at different times of the day to see if this made any difference. Sadly no, but nice warm comfy chair that I fell asleep in.