Photo

Wii

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ashley

Ashley

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Pottery, music, my boyfriend, watching movies and going to comedy clubs.

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:10 PM

Does anyone have a Wii? I only have two friends on there. It's sad. sad.gif

#2 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (Ashley @ Sep 22 2008, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone have a Wii? I only have two friends on there. It's sad. sad.gif

I DO!!! I DO!!!!!

We recently got the Wii fit...I LOVE IT! This coming from a guy that HATES to exercise smile.gif

We're still trying to get our system online (yes...I said it. I'm the webmaster of a huge site, and I'm having trouble getting my Wii online!).

#3 Kimberly

Kimberly

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Retired racing Greyhounds

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:51 PM

I really wanted to get a Wii for Christmas. I had so much fun playing at a friend's house that I just knew my husband and I would have a blast with it.

Well, of course.. there were no Wii's available at that time. Then we took an honest look at the time we spend together "in the bedroom" and realized that until THAT is where we want it to be, we should wait on investing in a Wii. LOL.

#4 Ashley

Ashley

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Pottery, music, my boyfriend, watching movies and going to comedy clubs.

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:01 AM

Kimberly, you HAVE to get a Wii. It'll be good for you. It's fun, makes you move and keeps you awake. Well, that's my opinion. It's my best purchase ever and I'm a gadget freak. I haven't touched my OLPC Laptop since the day I got my Wii (on mother's day). I don't have kids but decided I should start celebrating Mother's Day since I have soo many pets.
Attached File  xo_intro_v2.jpg   24.56KB   2 downloads

Surely I'm not the only one who has to edit my replies like every single time b/c I leave something out or screw something up...

I'll email you my wii code and send you some cool (stupid) Mii's I've made. haahah

#5 Ashley

Ashley

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:48 PM

I'm a gadget dork. does anyone play Little Big Planet on PS3?? It's great!

#6 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:30 AM

I still want to do the wii thing!
(that would be wierd to say a couple years ago, eh?)

Don't give up on me just yet!
smile.gif

I got the net...
I got a wii...

Let's Rock!

#7 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:46 PM

YES!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, I can't do anything with it until Dec. 25th. I bought it for the kids, and now I've decided that it's for the family because when I set it up to make sure it worked, it was TOO MUCH FUN!! Way too much. We don't have Wii Fit, but man, Wii Sports got my heartrate up. I LOVE Star Wars, so I used the kids as an excuse to buy the new Clone Wars so that I can have light saber battles - that is if my heart can take it! LOL I told my sister that my kids would love Mario Kart (Hmmm- could it be a coincidence that I've played Mario ever since the guy was created?) and she sent one with TWO wheels! I don't have the game that you're talking about, though. Just the ones above and Mario Galaxy and a hunting game for my husband. I wish we could link up DS games to the Wii. I already contacted Nintendo and they said no way. Bummer. Major bummer.

I still don't know the ins and outs of playing Wii online (haven't even done that with DS), but if you want a new friend, then I'm definitely game once Christmas rolls around.

*******YIKES******** Less than 2 weeks away!!!!!!! Shopping's not all done!!!

#8 NarcoPhotos

NarcoPhotos

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:24 PM

The WII makes me feel like I am in the future!! It's so crazy all the stuff it can do! I am a dork and love the weather thing!!

Does anyone else have the WII Play game? I like riding the cow!!

tongue.gif

#9 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:09 PM

We got ours working with a wireless router. I don't know of any fixes. That whole "B" and "G" router stuff always confused me! If your cheap (like me!), it seriously might be worth looking in to a wireless router...I know, I know...they cost, but they are getting more and more affordable...

And the benefits? Well I LOVE being able to work from ANYWHERE in my home...or chat...or send email from any place in my house. smile.gif

I LOVE (!!!!) our wii fit. TALK ABOUT A WORKOUT! I want to get a tshirt that says "Body by WII"

smile.gif

QUOTE (Kathleen @ Jan 2 2009, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stu did you ever figure out how to get your wii online? We have had one since 2006 & were snooping from a neighbor until they finally locked it. I only have a B router, and the wii needs a G, lol (I am cheap!) know any fixes? I have wii speak, but cannot use it because I need to get online. Let me know if you have any ideas, less getting a new router or a USB connector.
I also just started with the wii fit, I love the skiing!
Thanks ~ K

#10 chimbakka

chimbakka

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:37 PM

with xmas over TONS of electronics stuff is onsale you should see if u can find what u need onsale (i saw some routers etc on boxing day)