Photo

Any Minnesotans Looking For A Support Group?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mike M

Mike M

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:Ultimate Frisbee, Literature, Film, Music, Narcolepsy, Education

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:42 PM

Greetings to all! If you were unaware of it, Minnesota has a great narcolepsy support group. MOONS (Midwest Organization of Narcoleptic Support) has been running an active chapter in Minnesota for the past year. Please feel free to leave a message here if you would like to know more about it. You can also check it out yourself at http://narcolepsymsp.com/default.aspx. Please know that the group welcomes everyone and encourages family members and friends to come too.

#2 Lais02

Lais02

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:37 PM

MOONS is a great group... I've gone to the last 2 meetings. I thought they were very helpful, friendly, and informative.

Thanks for posting this Mike.

If anyone is interested in joining us feel free to write to Mike or me anytime smile.gif

#3 Mike M

Mike M

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:06 PM

Lais02,

I am glad that you approve! Just another thought to add, as well. The group is likely going to have even more energy in it in the next few months. Since the group started a year ago, more and more folks are getting involved. Many of us are hopefully that it will become both informational and social. At the last meeting, a number of us stuck around for an hour just sharing our stories. Then, we went to lunch together.

Mike

#4 Mike M

Mike M

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:39 PM

Hey folks! Two important pieces of information. One, the Minnesota MOONS (Midwest Organization of Narcolepsy Support) group has a NEW web site - www.moonscentral.net. We are still in the process of getting everything set up, but we wanted everyone to know about the change. Two, the next MOONS-Minnesota meeting with be on Saturday, November 15. We hope all interested parties can attend.

#5 funkbuffet

funkbuffet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:24 AM

Live in Minneapolis and want to check out the support group. Typing is a bit much for me at the moment.

#6 Mike M

Mike M

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (funkbuffet @ Dec 9 2008, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Live in Minneapolis and want to check out the support group. Typing is a bit much for me at the moment.

Please check out the group any time. Feel free to send me a PM if you would like to connect. I totally get the typing thing. I would be happy to figure out a way to connect over the phone or in person if that would be easier.

Mike

#7 Mee

Mee

• Administrators
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Playing pool, Flying Trapeze and Aerial Silks, and Dogs.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:29 PM

is MOONS still around?

GO VIKINGS!
Mee

QUOTE (funkbuffet @ Dec 9 2008, 01:24 AM) Live in Minneapolis and want to check out the support group. Typing is a bit much for me at the moment.

Please check out the group any time. Feel free to send me a PM if you would like to connect. I totally get the typing thing. I would be happy to figure out a way to connect over the phone or in person if that would be easier.

Mike

#8 butterflygirl

butterflygirl

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:camping, kids, pets and critters, reading, movies

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:38 PM

I live in very rural MN and was wondering it there are any groups in outstate? Mlsp is 4 hours from me. I'll check the ND/SD section too. Thanks!

#9 Sue H

Sue H

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:00 PM

i am not from minnesota but i am next door i just became a menber and i look forward. to getting to know some of you and learn alot. SUE H