Free Bus Pass
Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:14 AM
It appears to be for any 'eligible disabled' person
What is 'eligible disabled'?
You are eligible disabled if you:
* are blind or partially sighted
* are profoundly or severely deaf
* are without speech
* have a disability, or have suffered an injury, which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on your ability to walk
* do not have arms or have long-term loss of the use of both arms
* have a learning disability - a state of arrested or incomplete development of mind which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning, or
* would, if you applied for a licence to drive a motor vehicle under Part III of the Road Traffic Act 1988, have your application refused under section 92 of the Act (physical fitness) on grounds other than persistent misuse of drugs or alcohol
I can't drive anymore because of my N symptoms. If you have a letter from the DLA stating that you can't drive because of a condition other than drug and alcohol related you are entiltled to the pass. Or you can get a letter from your GP (on his paper) stating that you can not drive because of your condition. You will need to take with you proof of your address (residence) and they will take your photo free. If you get DLA for high mobility take this letter in as again you are entiltled.
You can look on this website or your own councils and search for 'free bus pass.
Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:28 AM
Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:51 AM
it is so great though - whenever i am out and feeling sleepy i can get the bus home - i love it!
yes i am thrilled by those kinds of things
Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:34 AM
i know i am ranting now but it really annoyed me at the council today. if i could get the higher rate of mobility i would be able to afford bus travel anyway!!!!
Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:48 AM
Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:38 AM