#1 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:06 AM

I hate cooking.
HATE IT. PASSIONATELY.

But I have to say that the whole concept of thirty minute meals is a brilliant one.
Cooking absolutely exhaust me. It is really hard for me to do. by time I'm done, I am ready to go back to bed. It must have something to do with the smells involved. alot of times I will make stuff I can freeze and heat up later. This works much better than my previous system which consisted of skipping food most of the day. and living off cheap frozen pizza and Ramen noodles.

Does anyone else have this issue with narcolepsy and food or is it just me?

Does anyone else here watch her show? She is just so..... Real. Like should could be my neighbor or something. Its weird.

I got her magazine subscription as a christmas gift. If you guys haven't seen it then you really should look into it.
I just wanted to share this....

#2 Henry G

Henry G

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:04 PM

I hate cooking as well.

I hate the fact that everything I hate - I am very good at it while everything I like - I suck badly.

I hate webdesign. Gosh I hate making websites to show up in google #1 - and yet that is the only thing I do best

But I love singing and yet I sing like a otter smile.gif

Does anyone else have this issue with narcolepsy and food or is it just me?

Cooking is exhausting, I sometimes need to take lots of medicine just so I can cook. Very exhausting and you need to concentrate otherwise it will come out horrid

#3 Cryopathic

Cryopathic

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:I like Drama , Art , Sleeping , Biology and Tae Kwon Do.

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:57 PM

I love cooking! it doesn't really tire me out but I can't be bothered doing it sometimes. But I only cook simple food like an ommlette so I don't need to concentrate that hard.

#4 Kimberly

Kimberly

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Retired racing Greyhounds

Posted 18 September 2008 - 03:04 PM

I don't hate the cooking as much as I hate the prep and the cleanup.

My husband and I found a good solution -- a place called Super Suppers.

They prepare everything for you and freeze it (you pick it up at their kitchens), and then all you have to do is turn on the oven, grill, range, etc. No prep, and very little cleanup!

This is the closest thing we get to homemade at our house. It has helped a lot with our diets since we used to go out all the time. This way we just pop in a Super Suppers, steam some frozen veggies, and make a salad. Voila! Instant healthy dinner. We choose the entrees we want based on their nutritional content. This also keeps my visits to the grocery store fairly brief, which is nice too.

#5 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (Kimberly @ Sep 18 2008, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't hate the cooking as much as I hate the prep and the cleanup.

My husband and I found a good solution -- a place called Super Suppers.

They prepare everything for you and freeze it (you pick it up at their kitchens), and then all you have to do is turn on the oven, grill, range, etc. No prep, and very little cleanup!

This is the closest thing we get to homemade at our house. It has helped a lot with our diets since we used to go out all the time. This way we just pop in a Super Suppers, steam some frozen veggies, and make a salad. Voila! Instant healthy dinner. We choose the entrees we want based on their nutritional content. This also keeps my visits to the grocery store fairly brief, which is nice too.

That is awesome! I wonder if we have that round here? I wonder if they take food stamps?

#6 sleepyhead84

sleepyhead84

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Reading, crafts, ferrets, friends, sleep (need that be said?), dinners, animals, nature, my bed

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:30 PM

I'm not a fan of cooking. i love good food and I like the idea of making fresh food to nourish my body, but after cutting and prepping and waiting for so long, I stop being hungry, like I filled up on smells or something. So I eat a little and put the rest away.

My relationship with food has changed drastically since I got diagnosed. It seems the more I eat the worse my EDS gets. Sugar is my enemy and so are starchy foods. Does anyone else out there have to eat a restricted diet in order to avoid extra sleepiness? At least I've lost weight!

#7 Mike M

Mike M

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:Ultimate Frisbee, Literature, Film, Music, Narcolepsy, Education

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (sleepyhead84 @ Sep 20 2008, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone else out there have to eat a restricted diet in order to avoid extra sleepiness? At least I've lost weight!

I think a lot of us do. There is another thread in daily living about eating a gluten-free diet. Some PWNs believe that it makes them more alert. I did it because it seems to help my bowel issues, but am guessing that it helps with my EDS too.

#8 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (sleepyhead84 @ Sep 20 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone else out there have to eat a restricted diet in order to avoid extra sleepiness? At least I've lost weight!

I am on a restricted diet because I am crazy crazy broke. lol.... I eat alot of popscicles. I dont like the grape ones though.
but seriously, I am a non practicing vegatarian, Which of course means I dont eat meat unless that is all that is available. (I try hard to stick to it though, I am doing that because meat is so expensive not because of the poor suffering animals. I totally feel like a creep saying that.) and I am also Hypoglycemic so I have to be careful of my sugar. Which I am non practicing also... lol. Shame on me! dont tell my doctor!!!!! I try hard on that also. seems I have gotten lazy on my dietary needs lately. I need to do something about all that.