• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:28 PM

Ok I get what EDS is, I get SP, I know about Cataplexy, I know some what about Automatic behavior, But there is this thing that happens, I'm not sure what catagory it falls under and since my next apointment is not till next month and I am impatient, I thought I would ask here... weird it has never accurred to me to ask before!

so what does it mean when your sort of asleep, but you can still hear everything going on around you, and maybe even have a bizarre conversation with someone. and the only way you can really come out of this bizarre zombie mode, is if someone touches you?

#2 Kimberly

Kimberly

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Retired racing Greyhounds

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:53 PM

To me, it sounds like some kind of combination of Sleep Paralysis and Automatic Behavior.

The fact that you can't snap out of it until someone touches you makes me lean toward Sleep Paralysis -- but the fact that you can hear and are having a conversation makes it seem Automatic Behavior too (in my totally non-professional opinion).

I haven't experienced Sleep Paralysis, but I go into Automatic Behavior quite a bit and can carry on basic conversations during that time -- drives my husband crazy, because I apparently ask him the same questions over and over and over...

#3 Furio83

Furio83

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:17 PM

You're probably experiencing stage I or II sleep. I think the best example everyone experiences is when you see a loved one asleep on the sofa with the TV on, when you change the channel or turn off the TV they wake up and protest that they were watching whatever was on TV.

#4 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:31 PM

Interesting. those things are what I was thinking too, but just wasn't sure.....

oh and I AM always watching that show. DONT TOUCH IT! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................