Photo

New Haven Area

32 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_EBWalsh_*

Guest_EBWalsh_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:51 AM

My 20 year old son was recently diagnosed and feeling very "out of place" among his peers- I would welcome he get involved. We are in Woodbridge. I am going to mention this forum to my wife and he. If he wishes I will be happy to help you organize a meeting. I run associations and set up events for my work, so I could probably do this for you quickly and at no charge.

#22 Guest_EB Walsh_*

Guest_EB Walsh_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:15 AM

The New Haven public libary downtown has great meeting space and I would be happy to reserve a room to set up a meeting for any who would like to start a New Haven area group. I started a group on Facebook called Greater New haven Narcolepsy forum - if you have interest, go there and join the group. Once we start this going the next step can be a live meeting.

Thanks,

Ed

ebwalsh@optonline.net

Parking is on the street so being a few bucks in quarters.

#23 brigitab

brigitab

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

Ed,

It doesn't look like any of you have actually gotten together to meet.

Is there a cost to reserving a room at the library? If no...

If you pick a weekend date, a couple of us from MA/RI could come down to help you all get started.

All you have to do is reserve the room. Find out a few dates that are available.

Once that is done the rest will come together.

Brigita

#24 Guest_brigitab_*

Guest_brigitab_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:45 PM

HELLO Narcoleptics!

Ed is in the process of making arrangements for a support group meeting in New Haven for early November - he would like to hear from you - who is interested in coming???

#25 Guest_A_*

Guest_A_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:58 AM

Did this ever end up happening?

#26 Guest_Mandee Z_*

Guest_Mandee Z_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:58 AM

Hello out there. I am also a student and I live in the Hartford area. Meriden and New Haven are very close. I agree that we need to start a support group here in CT. I'm under 21 so I can't drink but a Starbucks or DD is fine, or any other place you suggest.  

#27 Guest_doesnt matter i guess_*

Guest_doesnt matter i guess_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:45 PM

https://app.groupme....11882082/1Ngyy2

Please download the free app and join using the link above. Your phone number and email address are kept private from other members. I'm in the NH area too. I was diagnosed early last year NwC, I don't know anyone else who has it and the whole thing is really starting to depress me. Give it a try. If you dont like it just quit 😀

#28 Guest_same as above_*

Guest_same as above_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:31 PM

Appears the problem here is that nobody leaves any contact information and nobody comes back to the forum to see what is going to happen.  I am the same person that posted the link above about the groupme app so I can be contacted at any time. I'm going to find someplace in Middletown, We'll meet on the first Sunday of each month at 3pm. I'll get back to you with details. 

#29 Guest_me again_*

Guest_me again_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:37 AM

OK, not this Sunday - Super bowl!

#30 Guest_Whyyyyy_*

Guest_Whyyyyy_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:48 AM

There is a group forming for the Middletown area. More members are needed though, so sign up for the CT Narcoleptics Meetup on meetup.com before the idea fades away!

#31 Guest_brigitab_*

Guest_brigitab_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:09 PM

Hi!

I have tried contacting Dez via CT dream Team at Meetup.com. The email does not go through

Has anyone had a meeting yet?

Just ONE of you needs to pick a place to meet - a date - and a time.

Groups gather in a variety of places: community centers, libraries, hospital conference rooms, restaurants, coffee shops, private homes.

As not all narcolesptics are able to drive, if you can find a place near public transportation that is a bonus.

There are a few of us from Mass and RI who are willing to come down to your first meeting...if nothing else for moral support.

I have been given pamphlets and other stuff from NN to give to you.

Someone please take the first step!

Brigita brigitamb@verizon.net

#32 Guest_Dez_*

Guest_Dez_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:22 PM

Hi. Yes we had a meetup this past weekend for the first time. 3 of us were in attendance and we meet downtown Middletown - plenty of public transportation. It went well. We'll do it again next month. I'm sorry the email did not go through. 

#33 Guest_dez_*

Guest_dez_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:21 AM

Our third meetup is scheduled for next Sunday June 14.

Reply to this topic