Work At Home

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Snoozer

Snoozer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:27 PM

Is there anyone out there who works from home? I would like to look into this option but am finding mostly scams and pyramid schemes. My husband and I would like to start a family but I will be unable to drive to work during the process when I'm off my meds.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

#2 Kimberly

Kimberly

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Retired racing Greyhounds

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:46 PM

I know that Rachel is a "sleepy Avon lady" -- it says so in her sig.

QUOTE (Snoozer @ Aug 15 2008, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there anyone out there who works from home? I would like to look into this option but am finding mostly scams and pyramid schemes. My husband and I would like to start a family but I will be unable to drive to work during the process when I'm off my meds.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

#3 caroline

caroline

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:I just found this site today, and am very thankful that I did. Today, I have been feeling overwhelmed by this disease; so, it is good to know that I am not alone. All my life, I have been easily tired and needed more sleep than most people, but I just thought it was my metabolism or that I was just lazy. I am 59 years old, and only got my diagnosis of narcolepsy less than a year ago. I can remember complaining of feeling tired all the time, but the doctors usually recomended a healthier life style ie lose weight. I did, then found it was the eating all the time that had kept me awake to drive, to work,even to read a book.

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:23 PM

I usually work from home at least two days a week. I am a fulltime nurse in state government and many things that I do can be done just as well from my home computer. There are insurance companies, and some customer service type jobs that can be done from home.

#4 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:21 PM

I know some people that make good amounts of money from ebay. It can be really hard work though.

#5 Narcolipocus

Narcolipocus

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Computer animation, movies, video games, books, music, sleep.

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:06 AM

I work from home for a company called Telenetwork. It's a phone tech support job, and pays a lot better than disability is supposed to. Just know that it can be a challenge to stay awake when working from home. There's no one to keep you awake, but the ringing phones do help.

#6 caitlin06

caitlin06

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:32 PM

i'd love to know of some too... I looked for months... the only ones I found that weren't fake were phone jobs, and my son is such a whiney and loud kid and my daughter is super loud too so that wouldn't work