• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Henry G

Henry G

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:55 PM

Woah .. watched it yesterday to try and get out of my depression

Very violent and nasty. Don't expect your usual marvel comic hero story.

The joker character is pure mad evil. Very sadistic but brilliantly played.
In the end you realize you can't judge him really , he is mad - like a disease, like a plague

I kept thinking him to be the exact personation of my blues at the time.

A truly gripping movie but very long and complicated - I probably have to watch it again.

There are lots of spooks and frights and the violence is intense. There is no gore, no blood and yet the movie ends up being more violent than any slasher film.

If you are into psychological thrillers - you might like Batman.

#2 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (Henry G @ Aug 14 2008, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woah .. watched it yesterday to try and get out of my depression

Very violent and nasty. Don't expect your usual marvel comic hero story.

The joker character is pure mad evil. Very sadistic but brilliantly played.
In the end you realize you can't judge him really , he is mad - like a disease, like a plague

I kept thinking him to be the exact personation of my blues at the time.

A truly gripping movie but very long and complicated - I probably have to watch it again.

There are lots of spooks and frights and the violence is intense. There is no gore, no blood and yet the movie ends up being more violent than any slasher film.

If you are into psychological thrillers - you might like Batman.

I heard that the intenisty of the Joker character was what drove Heath Ledger over the edge, leading him to his accidental over dose.
So for the love of all things purple I would hope that it was brilliantly played! He lost his mind doing it! It was supposed to be one of his best movies ever. What a way to be remembered. Poor Guy.

I haven't seen it yet but when I do I will be spending most of the time swooning over Christian Bale..... Oh Man he is soooo DREAMY! wub.gif

Have you seen that documentry The Technology of Batman yet? That was freakin awesome!

#3 Henry G

Henry G

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:59 AM

His acting was exceedingly intense, yes brilliantly played .. probably a bit too much; he made the unbelievable so believable his performance messes up with your mind big time.

If I had to lose my mind and be sent over the edge - I would rather be through some bigger-than-life performance like his

I almost wanted to punch him - so good he was! I can see how hard it was to come up with the best representation. That guy did his homework thoroughly. That guy was concerned about delivering the best - and not be just another "flat" Hollywood star. So much work - I don't think most people would handle the energy.

The Joker is so brilliantly expressed and represented - the other actors pale in significance.

Batman itself is not an interesting character - not bad acting but at times he reminds you are watching a film again. The other actors you notice haven't done their homeworks.

But the Joker - he pushes you inside the canvas, he because your true real nightmare .. it is trip but a bad one intensive ride

The other actors you are there are trying to reach the level of the Joker - whereas the Joker just fly effortlessly. I am sure at time the other actors felt some envy.

Michael Caine was good - I think he did a brilliant job. Morgan Freeman wasn't completely flat but could be just a little bit better.

I didn't know Heather Ledger died. What a shame. I like good actors ; they must have fun learning how to be something else; even a mad dog like the Joker.

I give Batman 8/10

(points deducted because of the other actors reminding it was just a film)

#4 Henry G

Henry G

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:16 AM

QUOTE (Marcianna @ Aug 15 2008, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you seen that documentry The Technology of Batman yet? That was freakin awesome!

I read it in the internet. Is it about becoming a Batman is actually possible? I read it Slashdot. Too much work to be a Batman

#5 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:53 PM

I'm very suprised you did not know he had died! it WAS HUGE NEWS here in the US. And considering this is not his home, I think it was Australia actually, I would think this was big all over the world. Yes It was a terrible tragedy. left behind a 2 year old son and everything.

As a matter of fact I'm not sure but I had heard they purposely release the film in late summer instead of early summer, to give his family time to greive. It was definately slotted to be the biggest movie this summer, and now even people who are not batman fans, but just fans of Heath Ledger are gonna go see this movie since it was his very last one.

It totally breaks your heart.

#6 Henry G

Henry G

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:10 PM

I was aware of an Autralian young actor dying this time last year and my mother freaked out phoning me urging me not to follow the same fate (overdosing on medication). I didn't know what she was going on about.
But when I went to see Batman, I was unaware the Joker was that very same guy.

#7 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:50 PM

I LOved that the Joker's makeup was far from perfectly applied. If realism could exist in such a movie, I'd have to say this nailed it.

Don't get me wrong...I Loved Jack Nicholson (circa the One flew over the coocoo's nest dynasty), but his joker was...well...a joke. Mr. L made me shake my head and mutter, "oh..that guy just aint right" during the entire movie. Nothing but awesome!

-Stu

#8 Henry G

Henry G

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:11 PM

I went to see the film again.

I never do something like that, watching a film twice in the cinema. I just had to watch the brilliant performance.

And best of all - "The Pencil Magic Trick"

#9 Chuck Z.

Chuck Z.

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Music, Photography

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:34 PM

I have to try and watch it again. it was so frustrating -- within 15 minutes of watching, I got soo wrapped up into the movie that I began to "freak" and I began to panic and had to leave the theatre -- (almost collapsed in the parking lot - my legs got numb and weak). Now that I know what to expect, maybe I can handle it smile.gif

#10 Henry G

Henry G

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Chuck Z. @ Sep 1 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to try and watch it again. it was so frustrating -- within 15 minutes of watching, I got soo wrapped up into the movie that I began to "freak" and I began to panic and had to leave the theatre -- (almost collapsed in the parking lot - my legs got numb and weak). Now that I know what to expect, maybe I can handle it smile.gif

It is very intense and violent.

I so wanted to be an actor sad.gif .. and play nasty guys like the Joker smile.gif

Bah! Maybe next life-time.

#11 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (Chuck Z. @ Sep 1 2008, 02:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have gotten scared enough in theatres before! The last time I did that was when 13 ghost came out. I had to leave cuz I was sliding right out of my chair. It sucked. I have not seen a scary movie in a theatre since.