• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,093 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

The Gov't/Obama Administration should raid itself violating drug trafficking laws now, right? Lol

#22 JMac50

JMac50

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:51 PM

All the posts are very interesting. On this string and other topic strings, it show the very wide range of symptoms.

On the topic of marijuana and narcolepsy, there haave been several studies on how it effects the actual sleep cycle. An increased of SWS (slow wave sleep) has been observed.

The negitive aspect is the decreased amount of REM. It has been suggested in sleep studies that REM may be neccessary to consolidate your daily memories.

#23 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

I need LESS REM. I mean it! I remember EVERYTHING...even the smallest stupidest things that no one in their right mind remembers. At 62, I'm worried that my personal hard drive is gonna seize it's so crammed with crap. I need to free up some space.

Tell me more!...and links would be appreciated.

#24 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

JMac, we need less REM. As narcoleptics, we get way too much, hence the HH, SP, vivid dreams, and lack of SWS.

#25 sk8aplexy

sk8aplexy

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Balance & Proportion of Tacos. Care & Respecting. Pools & Concrete Skateboarding. Observing & Contemplating. Future & Traveling. Technology & Evolving. Philosophy & Words...

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

Someone asked for articles, I found one:

Two brief quotes from the below link:

"They systemically administered the CB1 receptor antagonist/inverse agonist, SR141716A (SR), to rats and observed a dose-dependent increase in wakefulness (W) and a reduction in both slow-wave (SWS) and rapid eye movement (REM) sleep." 

"While the former was without influence on vigilance parameters, SR not only delayed REM sleep onset but also increased wakefulness and reduced NREM and REM sleep [8, 14]. This discrepancy may be a result of different pharmacological profiles between these two compounds [27]."

'A Pilot Study into the Effects of the CB1 Cannabinoid Receptor Agonist WIN55,212-2 or the Antagonist/Inverse Agonist AM251 on Sleep in Rats'

http://www.hindawi.c...sd/2011/178469/

-Strain is what it seems clearly to come down to.  As was mentioned in 'Weed,' the high CBD and low THC is definitely at play.

#26 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

Which is why just grabbing a bad of weed and smoking it to "medicate" is not a smart plan. You're going to have so much variance in strains and smoking is probably about the least scientific and measurable way of consuming a chemical substance.

#27 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:34 PM

Which is why just grabbing a bad of weed and smoking it to "medicate" is not a smart plan. You're going to have so much variance in strains and smoking is probably about the least scientific and measurable way of consuming a chemical substance.

That was my point earlier...you don't know what you're getting buying it on the street. I would prefer that it be legalized and CONTROLLED. Different strains have different strengths of CBD or THC...sort of explained here...
http://www.weedguru....navarieties.php

Sk8aplexy...interesting article...thanks for posting. Hard to believe that they have to resort to using rats to do these experiments. Surely there would be a line up out the door of humans more than willing to participate...LOL!

I also happened on this site when looking for a "pill" form because "pill" was mentioned on (of all things) a forum frequented by old farts living in Mexico looking to learn the ropes about the area.
http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/

That is a VERY interesting site and I'm still wading through it...but here is the link directly to "pill" form...

http://medicalmariju...sourceID=000883

Happy reading!