• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Furio83

Furio83

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:18 PM

Hi Everyone,
I've been on Xyrem for over 18 months now. While the effects were subtle at first, I can definitely feel it when I don't take Xyrem the night before. Like everyone here knows, you need to two doses: one before you go to sleep and one during the night.

I have this really nice alarm clock by Sony that I got from Target. What's nice about it is that you can set two different alarms for that night. It was perfect for taking Xyrem. However, I've started to sleep through the alarm for my second dose, which causes me great pains to get up in the morning.

I have another alarm clock that use when I need to wake up before 6am. Its one of those clocks for deaf people that has a very loud and shrill alarm that vibrates the bed at the same time. It usually scares the sh*t out of me (I sometimes automatically go back to sleep because of that) and its in the other side of the room, so it serves its purpose.

So I'm just wondering what everyone else uses for an alarm, especially those that take Xyrem. I've been interested in maybe getting a dawn stimulator to wake me up in the morning and using the old alarm clock to try wake me up during the middle of the night using its two alarms in close interval.

Here's a link for the alarm I have right now, its pretty good. If I can only wake up for the first alarm I wouldn't need another.

#2 Damian

Damian

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Use to be Karate, swimming and cars

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (Furio83 @ Aug 10 2008, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Everyone,
I've been on Xyrem for over 18 months now. While the effects were subtle at first, I can definitely feel it when I don't take Xyrem the night before. Like everyone here knows, you need to two doses: one before you go to sleep and one during the night.

I have this really nice alarm clock by Sony that I got from Target. What's nice about it is that you can set two different alarms for that night. It was perfect for taking Xyrem. However, I've started to sleep through the alarm for my second dose, which causes me great pains to get up in the morning.

I have another alarm clock that use when I need to wake up before 6am. Its one of those clocks for deaf people that has a very loud and shrill alarm that vibrates the bed at the same time. It usually scares the sh*t out of me (I sometimes automatically go back to sleep because of that) and its in the other side of the room, so it serves its purpose.

So I'm just wondering what everyone else uses for an alarm, especially those that take Xyrem. I've been interested in maybe getting a dawn stimulator to wake me up in the morning and using the old alarm clock to try wake me up during the middle of the night using its two alarms in close interval.

Here's a link for the alarm I have right now, its pretty good. If I can only wake up for the first alarm I wouldn't need another.

I take XYREM and what I do is constantly change songs on my alarm daily to prevent me getting use to the same alarm.It still takes a few minutes to wake but try looking up ear piece alarm there is one out there that goes in your ear like an ear plug, this also causes less hassle to others that you live with. hope this helps
damian

#3 Furio83

Furio83

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (Damian @ Aug 10 2008, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It still takes a few minutes to wake but try looking up ear piece alarm there is one out there that goes in your ear like an ear plug...

No luck on the ear plug alarm, it doesn't seem to exist according to Google. Any other suggestions?

#4 Lais02

Lais02

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:07 AM

I hate alarms! They don't work for me smile.gif

I have a vibrating alarm clock right now, but I'm not using it. The sound on it is loud and sometimes wakes me, but it always wakes my neighbors and I've gotten complaints lol! The part that vibrates goes under your pillow... it doesn't wake me anymore, but it used to. Now I just get a headache from my head shaking I guess! The worst part though is if it slips out from under your pillow. My roommates and my mom would not believe me that I'm not waking up from my alarms. So I took a picture one morning... I sleep through the vibrating one and it came out from under my pillow. It burned my back from going off for a couple hours. People don't sleep through that!!! So at least I gained some belief from my roommate and my mother!

Anyways I'm interested if anyone knows of any really good alarms too. Right now my roommate wakes me or my mom calls me about 10 times... I hate having to have someone else get me up though.