Does This Offend You...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#21 MEColumbo

MEColumbo

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:23 PM

On the subject of T-Shirts, I thought I'd share with you what my brother got me for my birthday 2 years ago. A T-Shirt with a huge mezmorizing spiral on it. On the top of the spiral it says: "I have Narcolepsy" On the bottom of the spiral it says: "Sleep with me"
I got a kick out of it.

#22 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (eldestpenguin @ Oct 19 2008, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I seriously want to print a t-shirt that just says in large bold letters, "I'M A NARC." I have also contemplated, "Weebles wobble, but I fall down." I find it to be wildly amusing. However, I can see where it might be offensive to others; perhaps even people that have other issues, conditions, or diseases. So, I refrain from the urge.

QUOTE (dogdreams @ Oct 19 2008, 05:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You tell him I'm the one that came up with the bumper sticker "Cataplectics do it on the floor" and see what he says. N is nothing if I can't have a sense of humor about it. I dunno...would that make a better T-Shirt? smile.gif

QUOTE (MEColumbo @ Oct 19 2008, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the subject of T-Shirts, I thought I'd share with you what my brother got me for my birthday 2 years ago. A T-Shirt with a huge mezmorizing spiral on it. On the top of the spiral it says: "I have Narcolepsy" On the bottom of the spiral it says: "Sleep with me"
I got a kick out of it.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a big huge fan of Narcolepsy T-shirts! I love these idea's and am formally requesting them all for X-mas!

Yay, Just a couple more good idea's aside from mine, and I will have a tshirt for every day of the week!

Actually would you be offended if I made that Cataplectics do it on the floor shirt? I would love to wear that to my sleep study on Tuesday! LOL... Anything to irritate my doctor! He is not my favorite person!!!

#23 Kimberly

Kimberly

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Retired racing Greyhounds

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:21 PM

You can create T-shirts with any sayings you want at places like cafepress.com and zazzle.com (I prefer cafepress). If you get a big reaction out of wearing them, you can always set up a site with cafepress or zazzle to actually sell them too!

#24 Mike M

Mike M

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:Ultimate Frisbee, Literature, Film, Music, Narcolepsy, Education

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (eldestpenguin @ Oct 18 2008, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sing a song to the tune of the Red Hot Chili Peppers "Soul to Squeeze." I have rewritten the lyrics to suit my symptoms, but I just couldn't resist the first line of, "I've got a bad disease."

PLEASE post the lyrics! Please, please , please!

I seriously want to print a t-shirt that just says in large bold letters, "I'M A NARC."

I have thought about that too. I think someone SHOULD print up the shirt - perhaps in a nice NN orange?

"Weebles wobble, but I fall down."

While I am likely N w/out C, I think this shirt would sell like WILDFIRE! I would certainly buy one. Great post! I think all of the ideas are awesome and cafepress is a perfect site (but the NN store might be better).

#25 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:21 PM

All in favor of a T-Shirt Idea thread please PM me if I get more than 8 "yes" then It will happen!

Two reasons:
Any original ideas would be a fun idea but wouldn't you rather proceeds go to our cause than a random shirt shack somewhere? Maybe we could look into it? We should ask Kimberly she knows stuff like that and how to get things done....

AND

Just think we may be getting slightly off subject here.... no biggy... wink.gif