Photo

I Have Narcolepsy, But It Doesn't Have Me!!!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:26 PM

Ok I have been on a mad rampage with my posting lately. Mostly cuz I have alot of catching up to do after a very long absence, but also because I am very happy to see "That has nothing to do with Narcolepsy, and you know it!" as a new section that wasn't here before. Here is the thing:

I have Narcolepsy, I come to this site for Support, for advice, for knowledge and education. We ALL do. That is kinda the point of it. But now we have this new section (that rocks BTW). We should use it! Dont let your sleeping disorder or any other disorder DEFINE WHO YOU ARE. We have a great oppurtunity to learn about each other as human beings in this section! I want to hear more about all of you! So what if we sleep all the time? maybe you even fell asleep reading this! I forgive you! But hey, What are you making for dinner tonight? What are your pets names? do you have any pictures? What is your favorite childhood memory?

TELL ME, TELL ME, TELL ME!!!!!!!!

Narcolepsy can be rather depressing. we feel alone, we feel worthless, but we FEEL.
Lets get to know each other as people too. not just as a bunch of people who cant stay AWAKE!!!

I have Narcolepsy, but it doesn't have me. Dont let it get you either.

OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOO smile.gif

#2 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:23 PM

yes...yes...YES!!!

BRAVO!!!!!!

#3 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (greatbig47 @ Aug 7 2008, 04:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes...yes...YES!!!
BRAVO!!!!!!

lol. yeah... not the first time I have heard that!
wink.gif

seriously. dont be shy folks! No one is here to judge anyone else. Lets get the goods on you people!

#4 Lovemyhusband

Lovemyhusband

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:I love to read, spend time with my family and will always say yes to a trip to an amusement park!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:04 AM

Since Andre won't come on the site to talk with all of you, I am going to tell you a about him. He is a man very set in his ways. He enjoys collecting several different things such as stamps, star wars memorabilia, Lego's, military items, comic books and a few other things. Andre is very detail oriented and doesn't like to leave a project until it is finished. He has an amazing memory that I could only dream of having. To the people close to him there is no one more loyal as a friend, to those he doesn't know he doesn't care. Social activities actually irritate him since he enjoys spending time with his family at home. His biggest hobby in the summer time is Metal Detecting. He has this weird "thing" where he can look at an area and walk over to the spot that has things to be found. It drives his father (Andre's detecting partner) absolutely crazy, I myself find it very interesting smile.gif . On our last trip to Myrtle Beach he found a beautiful ring in the sand, which actually fits me and I love to wear on special occasions.

I have heard many times from people who don't really know him that he is harsh, closed off and mean. I can only tell you that I have a different opinion of him. He is extremely funny, very loyal to his family, a great provider, my very best friend, a comedian at heart, very level headed (most of the time)and truly a pleasure to be with. He tells me on a daily basis how much he appreciates and loves me. What other man does that!

He is a very dedicated employee. Up until last year he had only called in to work on four occasions in 18 years. He knows he has a commitment and will go to the end of the earth to fulfill it. This is biggest problem he is facing with N. It is stopping him from doing things he feels he needs to get done and he is taking it personally. He currently (talked about it last night) feels like his life is being taken away from him. He doesn't have enough wake hours to enjoy life and fulfill work obligations.

OH and one more thing....I think he's HOT!!! especially in his Postal Uniform.

#5 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (Lovemyhusband @ Aug 8 2008, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He is a very dedicated employee. Up until last year he had only called in to work on four occasions in 18 years. He knows he has a commitment and will go to the end of the earth to fulfill it. This is biggest problem he is facing with N. It is stopping him from doing things he feels he needs to get done and he is taking it personally. He currently (talked about it last night) feels like his life is being taken away from him. He doesn't have enough wake hours to enjoy life and fulfill work obligations.

4 times in 18 years? I'm lucky to do that in 18 DAYS!

Clara...I hope to meet up with you guys at the conference!!!

-Stu

#6 Lovemyhusband

Lovemyhusband

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:I love to read, spend time with my family and will always say yes to a trip to an amusement park!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (greatbig47 @ Aug 8 2008, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
4 times in 18 years? I'm lucky to do that in 18 DAYS!

Clara...I hope to meet up with you guys at the conference!!!

-Stu

I really wish we could make it to the conference. I asked Andre about it last night and he doesn't think we can afford it. I didn't realize how much it cost until we looked at the site together. I'm not giving up on the idea though. I start a new job at the school in Sept. Maybe the money I will bring in will make a big enough difference so we can join you. Only time will tell.

#7 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:35 PM

[/quote]

I totally have a hot mailman! 2:30ish pm is my favorite time of day!
I dont suppose you live in ohio do you? I hope not.
I would feel totally weird drooling over your husband! blink.gif

#8 Lovemyhusband

Lovemyhusband

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (Marcianna @ Aug 8 2008, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totally have a hot mailman! 2:30ish pm is my favorite time of day!
I dont suppose you live in ohio do you? I hope not.
I would feel totally weird drooling over your husband! blink.gif

No unfortunatly we live in New York. But I have a saying I'll share with you.

No woman wants a man that no woman wants.

I have a few friends who I tell "look but don't touch". I am happy to have people look at him but he's ALL MINE, MINE, MINE.

#9 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (Lovemyhusband @ Aug 8 2008, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No unfortunatly we live in New York. But I have a saying I'll share with you.

No woman wants a man that no woman wants.

I have a few friends who I tell "look but don't touch". I am happy to have people look at him but he's ALL MINE, MINE, MINE.

lol.. i have never heard that how funny! I am going to remember that one!

#10 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:58 AM

Ok I really am very proud of this topic, And although I really shouldn't I'm bumping it up. I want everyone to see this again, and for it not to be one of those things that got lost in the shuffle. I am especially feeling renewed here lately now that I have that whole
"I'm not alone" glow on me still..... so I wanted to really reinerate my point here.....

#11 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:43 PM

BUMP tongue.gif

#12 Fra2302

Fra2302

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:02 AM

Even before knowing that I had Narcolepsy, I was brought up to fight in what you believe in and to never give up.

I agree with you all, we may have Narcolepsy, but Narcolepsy doesn't have/own me.

#13 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:39 PM

WHERE THE HELL IS HIS PICTURE

#14 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (Marcianna @ Oct 7 2008, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok I really am very proud of this topic, And although I really shouldn't I'm bumping it up. I want everyone to see this again, and for it not to be one of those things that got lost in the shuffle. I am especially feeling renewed here lately now that I have that whole
"I'm not alone" glow on me still..... so I wanted to really reinerate my point here.....

O, I unfortunatley decided to go to facebook, because by golly, I was going to get back into the "real" world. As I was wearing my new "I'm not alone" glow, it became obvious to me that I'm still glowing non the less, and it freaks people out.

This is an awesome thread, so instead of weirding out on it, I'll start another one. M, the thread that has nothing to do with N has been here the whole time, hasn't it?