• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:33 PM

My biggest fears are Zombies, and helicopters. I thought it would be funny to post an old blog from a couple years ago I have, to REALLY Demonstrate how incredibly fearful I am as an example. I cant really talk about these things with out falling down! This is also a good example of how something in our dreams can follow us into our waking state. I was absolutely sure this was happening for real.
So here it goes....

(This blog is also where my Signature first originated. lol. I was totally spazzing out at the time.)

Zombies man.....

I 'll tell ya what when they freakin get here and eat your brains,

DON"T COME CRYIN TO ME.

If you are one of the privledged who know me, Then you know nothing freaks me out more than freakin zombies. creepy creepy CREEPY. I no longer think that it is irrational for me to believe that someday, some dead dude is gonna try to eat my fragile brain. No ketchup. No mayo. No pickle. Now, everyone who is like OMG here we go again, KEEP IN MIND my favorite shrink totally told me that it wasn't impossible and that it could happen.

MY SHRINK SAID IT COULD HAPPEN SO THAT MAKES IT RIGHT!

HA! She has a like degrees and stuff, and a desk and an office and pills............. so of course she must know something. Like perhaps I will be tastier than you guys due to my lack of Hypocretin and Serotonin. All the rest of you "NORMY'S" will at least need a little salt. So I'm probably more at risk than everyone else. OR....... It could be the other way around.

So I have joined this super awesome sleeping fan club called narcolepsy right? ( you get like a cool night light, and a free T-shirt that says "I'm not sleeping, you bore me" when you join. There is also the perks of falling down all the time, and drugless halucinations. Which to all you acid heads out there, are the best kind. You can't beat what your mind wants to come up with all by its little self!) Anyway..... My point.....

THE FUDDER MUCKIN ZOMBIE TRAIN .:::shudders:::

You don't even know. Of course not. I haven't told you yet. But imagine waking up to a phone call from your best friend and as soon as you get off the phone.....there it is. That noise. That chugga chugga chugga noise that happens when trains go by, accompanied by the sound of ......zombies. And of course thats what they are... Seriously. What else could it be? And suddenly you realize somewhere off in the distance they have herded up all the zombies and packed them in like Jews in Germany. (God rest their souls.......And please don't let them eat me.........) I of course am in a freakin panic by this time. PANIC. I'm thinking, my God. Little Red is on her way over I have to save her..... So I get up and turn off the fan and turn down the TV. So I can use my super powers to hear if they are tearing at my doors or not, and I sit close to the window watching for her car.

Outside there is a strange blue hazy color to the night sky, which is a dead freakin give away that zombies are near, by the way, And Red pulls up along the curb. I had told her I would leave the door unlocked for her but how could I? That was an incredibly bad judgement on my part, a mistake I won't ever make again. I watch as she walks up the sidewalk and then I run downstairs to open the door for her. She of course has NO IDEA what kind of danger she is in and stops right there on the porch to get into her pocket or purse or something. (not exactly sure due to the fact I was scanning the neighborhood for the undead.) I motion her to come in quickly and shut and locked the door behind us. She was like "what's wrong?" And then I told her...

FREAKIN ZOMBIES.

Now.
Try that instead of drugs kids. The RUSH is unbelievable.

I couldn't make this sh*t up If I tried.........

So what is everyone else afraid of? What wakes you up in the middle of the night to start boarding up your house?
(Or is it just maybe..... I'm a little crazy? hmmmmm. That wouldn't be a surprise.....)

#2 Lais02

Lais02

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:02 AM

My doctor gave me Rozerem about 2 months ago... YIKES!!!!

I only took it for about 2 weeks. At first I thought sweet... I can go to sleep when I'm supposed to smile.gif So then I realized I'm falling asleep, but having the craziest dreams! and I'm not even sure if they're dreams anymore lol! It was pretty much the same one like 10 times a night.

I've had too many nights since I took that med that I've had to wait until the sun came up to go to sleep. My eyes have been bugging out all night... I swear I'm not crazy though smile.gif

Anyways its summer and hot and I don't have any fancy central air although every door and window is locked up cause I'm all of a sudden terrified sad.gif I'm not even taking the Rozerem anymore, but I'm still sure there is some man going to climb up and cut the screen and murder me. I kinda wish I hadn't tried that med lol!!!

I'm sure I'll get over it, but for the last 2 months all I can say is YIKES! LoL! smile.gif

#3 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:40 AM

small clown dolls....
they mess with me bigtime!

#4 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (Lais02 @ Aug 7 2008, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My doctor gave me Rozerem about 2 months ago... YIKES!!!!

I only took it for about 2 weeks. At first I thought sweet... I can go to sleep when I'm supposed to smile.gif So then I realized I'm falling asleep, but having the craziest dreams! and I'm not even sure if they're dreams anymore lol! It was pretty much the same one like 10 times a night.

I've had too many nights since I took that med that I've had to wait until the sun came up to go to sleep. My eyes have been bugging out all night... I swear I'm not crazy though smile.gif

Anyways its summer and hot and I don't have any fancy central air although every door and window is locked up cause I'm all of a sudden terrified sad.gif I'm not even taking the Rozerem anymore, but I'm still sure there is some man going to climb up and cut the screen and murder me. I kinda wish I hadn't tried that med lol!!!

I'm sure I'll get over it, but for the last 2 months all I can say is YIKES! LoL! smile.gif

I myself have never taken that mediation so I guess I am glad! but I can totally get where you are coming from!

#5 Henry G

Henry G

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:02 AM

dying alone peniless malnourished and neglected like a beggar.
I used to have recurrent nightmares of that before being diagnosed with "Narcolepsy"
Strangely enough when I was officially diagnosed ( I didin't even know I had a disease then ) - the nightmares stopped for good.

But the fear is often still there.

#6 Cryopathic

Cryopathic

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:I like Drama , Art , Sleeping , Biology and Tae Kwon Do.

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:28 PM

Footballs......Augggh

#7 Ashley

Ashley

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Pottery, music, my boyfriend, watching movies and going to comedy clubs.

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:34 PM

Clowns freak me out. I hate them. I dropped out of my high school psychology class because we had to dress up like a clown for a day to see how people would respond. It was like 40% of our grade and there was no way I could pass without dressing up. So I dropped out and stayed home that day.

I'm afraid of ladybugs, mostly because they pee all the time. There's just something about them that gives me the creeps.

#8 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (Ashley @ Aug 27 2008, 04:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Clowns freak me out. I hate them. I dropped out of my high school psychology class because we had to dress up like a clown for a day to see how people would respond. It was like 40% of our grade and there was no way I could pass without dressing up. So I dropped out and stayed home that day.

I'm afraid of ladybugs, mostly because they pee all the time. There's just something about them that gives me the creeps.

They should have let you do something else, or use your fears as An Example. I cant believe they would have harshedyou on it. That was the point right? see who would freak out? duh.... that sucks.

Oh and the lady bug thing? Do they seriously pee all the time? that is nasty! I had no idea!

#9 Ashley

Ashley

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Pottery, music, my boyfriend, watching movies and going to comedy clubs.

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (Marcianna @ Aug 27 2008, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They should have let you do something else, or use your fears as An Example. I cant believe they would have harshedyou on it. That was the point right? see who would freak out? duh.... that sucks.

Oh and the lady bug thing? Do they seriously pee all the time? that is nasty! I had no idea!

I was a punk kid. I just dropped the class without trying to make any arrangements. It gave me more time to sleep since I substituted it for Study Hall.

I think ladybugs eject some kind of blood/pee mixture out of their knee joints. It's a chemical defense so birds won't eat them. It makes them taste and smell awful.

#10 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (Ashley @ Aug 27 2008, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was a punk kid. I just dropped the class without trying to make any arrangements. It gave me more time to sleep since I substituted it for Study Hall.

I think ladybugs eject some kind of blood/pee mixture out of their knee joints. It's a chemical defense so birds won't eat them. It makes them taste and smell awful.

Yeah, ok, I'm pretty sure that is the grossest thing I have heard in a long long time. can I say that? is grossest a word? maybe most gross.... neither seems right..... hmmmm........

On the other hand how cool would it be to pee out of your knee's? Finally I could pee on the go like the boys do! no more sitting down! Much more time efficiant I would think. ph34r.gif

#11 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:50 AM

vampires and especially werewolves.

One HH... the american werewolf repeatedly climbed into my window and would look at me with those damn yellow evil eyes. The first scenario was just the hands coming into the window. The next you could see the head.. then the next he'd pull himself in a bit. next, a bit more,, etc. This happened many times over as if each time were one more frame added into a movie. The last one he is chest in, and looks over and sees me and that's it. DAMN man I'm not going to bed. I need to pee and i ain't goin' in there. I'm not getting out of this chair. OHHHHHHH. it was that real. I had a boyfriend once that was a major head case. He kept coming around crying, I love you..... I couldn't stand him. He was so draining that I had a dream that he was a vampire. I guess I'm not really afraid of vampires, but the werewolves... I tell my kids that there are no real monsters (I don't tell them that there are a few people that really are evil though) and to not get scared, but werewolves are just too real for me. My adrenaline is running now.

#12 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, science, Halloween, music (am I being too generic??)

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:58 AM

Cruise ships. Specifically, old ones with giant propellers! Even more specifically: old sinking cruise ships with propellers coming up out of the water, still spinning; or me falling into the ocean at night off the deck of an old cruise ship and getting chopped to bits by the propellers.

For awhile I couldn't even look at a photo of a propeller, especially if it was giant and people were standing next to it. Even old timey photos of ships being assembled gives me the screaming heeby jeebies. Then I became fascinated and started collecting photos. But it's been awhile so now they freak me out again.

I have had SOOOO many HH/SP nightmares about this. I used to visit the Queen Mary a lot when I lived in LA just to face my fear. Scarriest room ever? The Propeller Room. How did you guess? I had a dream once that I fell in during a tour and it started spinning and the *BEEP* of a tour guide wouldn't pull me out. Damn her. It can't spin, it's not hooked up to anything anymore. And yes, "Titanic" was hands-down the scariest movie of all time! You know the scene I'm talkin' about. ("The Ring" is a close second just cuz that girl won't go away!)

But the WORST story ever is the Britannic, sinking at full speed, sucking lifeboats into its whirlpools and spitting out splinters. ZOMG just looking at photos makes my stomach flip and my head spin. If I watch a documentary on it, I cry. I can't even look at the giant boilers. [shiver]

Any large object in a deep ocean also gives me the willies, especially whales, which I actually love, but not swimming next to in deep water. [hiding under blankets now] But I love the ocean, and I love boating and sailing. I feel like my home is on the Atlantic (maybe because I was almost born on it...lol) So it's not an ocean or boat fear. It's a ship fear. Any tanker freaks me out too.

#13 sunrisemoon

sunrisemoon

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:32 AM

Life-like dolls (because they could come alive and kill me don't ya know!....and I don't even watch horror movies)
Spiders - any and all, due to a horrid childhood experience. It still counts as irrational, tho.

I would have thought I'd be scared of dying, but I've had a number of dreams where I've been shot. It was peaceful and didn't hurt.

Heights are my other big issue. But not all heights - it totally depends on the situation. If it's man made, I have more issues.

I did go rap-jumping (face first abseiling) off a 5 storey building and that was freakin' awesome! I was so scared the first time that the guy had to lift my legs over the edge, coz I couldn't move. But I went back and did it another 3 times without 'assistance'. Biggest rush ever and totally nerve wracking. cool.gif

#14 eww

eww

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:At the moment... mostly sleeping. And then my animals and university.

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:20 PM

OK well I claim that my fear of fish is totally rational. Because those mothers could eat you! Or like nibble at your fingers and toes. *Shiver* Ugh. Man. They're so gross and slimy and... wretched. And ugly too. Fugly mothers. When I went to Hawaii as a teenager I was swimming with my brother until a freaking swarm of these blue-silver monstrosities came totally surrounded us. We were in a beautiful, peaceful, sparsely populated cove so I got the attention of absolutely everyone when I stood up out of the water shrieking and ran for the shore. And there are pictures out there of me in the Bahamas snorkeling, curled up in the fetal position underwater. Fingers and toes retracted protectively of course.

The irrational segment of this is that it extends to goldfish (who are pure evil I tell you) and also... uh... the pool creepy. You know the little automatic sucker that vaccuums the bottom of the pool... Yeah well it's pretty much a fish! And it is even designed to suck things. I'm better about that now though. As a kid I was terrified! One of my cousins actually brought the stupid thing up to my foot to demonstrate that the suckerhole wasn't big enough to do any harm. It was sweet of him looking back on it. At the time I thought I was going to die.

That's about it for fears.

Although I do have a recurring PolPot dream that makes fish look like the harbringers of light and happiness. Freaking sociopathic dictators. tongue.gif

#15 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:08 PM

I once had a job working for a Nicaraguan dictator's son. I wonder if some people are human. I guess this is truly a big scare.

#16 eightlegs

eightlegs

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:33 PM

caterpillars. GAAAAAHHH! Grew up in New England where we got gypsy moth caterpillar infestations... couldn't step anywhere without stepping on droves of them.. greasy green guts everywhere! *shudder* My favorite band in high school was The Cure, and I still can't watch this video.... the fear of a caterpillar getting stuck in the keys of the piano just overcomes me... gaaaahhh!

#17 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:17 PM

I loved the Cure. I had 14 of their cd's and gave them all away. I went to 2 concerts. "The Stranger" staring at the beach staring at the sand

what was the song's title? "Skin"? I remember that I liked that one.

it's been years.

#18 eightlegs

eightlegs

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE (sleepless sleeper @ Mar 11 2009, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I loved the Cure. I had 14 of their cd's and gave them all away. I went to 2 concerts. "The Stranger" staring at the beach staring at the sand

what was the song's title?

Killing an Arab.

#19 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (eightlegs @ Mar 12 2009, 07:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Killing an Arab.

No. I brought up The Stranger because I was reading Camus' The Stranger during the time that I first heard the song, and I think that I had gotten the book and the song titles mixed up.

I'm talking about the song that has something to do with the word skin. Is it the song that says, I am paralyzed by the blood of christ? By the way, that ended up creeping me out.

#20 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (sleepless sleeper @ Mar 10 2009, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a boyfriend once that was a major head case. He kept coming around crying, I love you..... I couldn't stand him. He was so draining that I had a dream that he was a vampire.

I would like to add something important that I forgot:

"He kept coming around crying, I love you..... you're just like my mother."

I would not be mean about someone if all they said was that they loved me.