Photo

Narcolepsy And The Paranormal

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Poll: Narcolepsy and the Paranormal (49 member(s) have cast votes)

I see dead people

1. yes (23 votes [46.94%])

Percentage of vote: 46.94%

2. no (26 votes [53.06%])

Percentage of vote: 53.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 ayesart

ayesart

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:37 AM

While living in Colorado I used to have to travel along Alameda Avenue to get back home from work. Along Alameda Avenue there is a cemetary on the right hand side of the road. One night while driving along that stretch where the cemetary is I saw a woman running across the street. My heart jumped and I applied the brakes sure that someone was goinhg to hit her. (The road is a heavily traveled one.) I immediate noticed that no one had stopped abruptly. Traffic was flowing normally. I looked around and didn't see the woman who had run across the street.

On subsequent nights passing the cemetary I saw the same woman running into traffic. I named her Bertha...
I finally realized that she had to be a spirit or a post transposition image that had been left behind by someone who had gotten run over in traffic there. I never did anything regarding research to confirm my conclusion. It was interesting though. I wasn't sleepy or on the verge either.

Ayesart

#62 Lisa Kato

Lisa Kato

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, Naps, Art, Reading, Sarcasm, My Family

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:46 PM

This is an interesting link on Sleep Paralysis Hypnopompic/Hypnogogic Hallucinations.

#63 2tired2bNormal

2tired2bNormal

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:31 PM

<i>I have heard that people with Narcolepsy have certain abilities and connections to the other side. They also can be more prone to things we dont encounter on a daily basis such as Telekanesis and empathic abilities. I know in my case some of these type of things are true. Anyone else out there who are prone to the paranormal? Lets talk about this!</i>

I get "messages from them" in my sleep. Always to give to those who are needing some type of closure from their loss.

#64 Marcia.was.here

Marcia.was.here

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:06 PM

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6BZ6Y7J

I made a survey! If you wouldn't mind filling it out, its very short, It will give mea general idea of how many people are interested in Narcolepsy and the paranormal, with out naming names. Please only fill this out once if you have already used the link from fb its all the same thing.....

#65 Young_confused

Young_confused

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Food!!! Hopefully food free of additives and preservatives, Talking to people, water polo, anything to do with water, gathering information, helping others, working out, anything but sitting down doing nothing (like I am doing right now)

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:19 AM

I dont see dead people but I have always known thing. Sometimes years before they happen they are usually unclear. The older I have gotten the more it has gone away but at one point when I was in high school I stated focusing on things like auras around people. I got really good at seeing them and could tell a lot about a person (usually not relavent and I almost never talked about it like that they had a white cat as a child was one of the most off the wall ones that I knew the first time I met this kid as I was shaking his had) I found out months later that that was his cats birthday and it was not actually white but they called it white because when they got it that was the first thing he called it as it came out of the snow. Also more things like being able to heat up my body and cool it down with just will power (never got great at it was usually just my hands and face) and I was not great at it when it was usefull (I could not do it if I was to cold or to hot) usually only worked inside at a comfortable temp. But still. That is about as far as I go on the topic

#66 bluestarr78

bluestarr78

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:37 AM

o So, I've been having these sleep paralysis episodeswithin which I will have these types of dreams they call "hypnagogic orhypnapompic hallucinations". I've been having these for a long, long time, butthey have recently increased in both quantity and intensity. And the othernight, about 3 weeks ago, I had an absolutely terrifying one of Satan jumpingon my chest and pushing me down very hard that scared the living daylights outof me for a few days after - hardly could get myself to sleep for fear of it occurringagain.

I remember when I was like 11 I had one of thesewhere a black fox or wolf like animal with green eyes was sitting or standingat the foot of the bed at the corner. Iwas so afraid it would lunge at me, but it didn't. I just read sometimes when people have thesethey dream of spectral foxes (?) which look pretty much identical to what Isaw. Weird coincidence (or no coincidence?). Animals that I have seen lately or felt lienext to me while I am asleep have never felt evil or threatening, just as ifthey are spiritual beings and good ones. Usually, itis very real and vivid sensations and feeling of entities being present but akind of presence that doesn't mean harm, they just exist there. But the other night I had one where thishorrid red creature that looked like Satan jumped on my chest and startedpressing down on my shoulders violently. The Satan seemed to be adistressed human and had a distinct personality - mischievous, clever, and veryevil and definitely meaning to upset things. I keep thinking it's awfully weird that that happened to happen a daybefore my cat who always sleeps right next to me had what appeared to be a stroke. That night before my cat had a stroke - I felt that Satan presence in the bathroom andit was like it was laughing at me (like it did in the dream/hallucinationthing) - like it was up to no good and meaning to cause harm. Maybe I was just ultra scared ofseeing that Satan thing in my SP again and my imagination took over, but still it's prettybizarre. I have to wonder if this wasn't coincidence at all. I believe it is possible that we are crossing into an astral realm where spirits do indeed exist and are invisible to us outside of this special state we are in during the wake/sleep border. But, for the sake of my sanity, I have adopted the view at least temporarily that I am not seeing dead people or demons and am not in that realm because it is honestly a little too scary to deal with it knowing that I can slip into it at any time. A couple of days ago I saw a skeleton female standing in my room while I was Awake, but very on the verge of sleep. Creepy!

When I have these “dreams”, the sounds are so loudand clear, I hear voices and loud noises clear as day. Sometimes animals, usually fox-like animals,lie next me in bed and I feel their fur - like mink fur – and also distinctlyfeel their weight and movement as if they are Actually there. I feel the elevation of the bed sink next to me and I actually tilt slightly into the place where the entity is lying, just as if it were there. The sensations are so much more real thanthey are in life. The other night when Iwas moving violently (in my dream) from side to side to get that Satan thingoff and wake myself up because I was so scared was SO real I swore it reallyhappened, but I NEVER move. (I knowbecause my cat who had the stroke usually sleeps next to me and she will be sleeping away like Ihadn’t moved at all even though I feel like I have been struggling and fighting for my very life). I false woke up (In mydream so not really) and screamed with all my might to wake myself up butcouldn't budge and obviously no sound came out. When I finally awoke I was paralyzed, staring at my computer screen across the room andI could only move my eyes. I read otherpeople actually still see the dream when they are awake for a few seconds but Ihaven't (THANK GOD or I would probably have a heart attack!). I just couldn't move at all like I was a deadweight. I am used to that because italways happens with these. It's like Ialmost have no choice but to fall back to sleep. If I close my eyes, it happens again. If I keep my eyes open, I can move after idka couple of minutes and then I can muster the strength to move and get up. It's like life is slowly returning to my body.

o I am always in my room in these "dreams" andsometimes I feel weather sensations as well like this afternoon when I took anap. This time it was apositive one. I went to the window in my room in my dream (whatever it is!?)and there was a nice warm wind blowing in just like it was real with my hair flowing back and everything and it was a differentseason - late spring or summer probably. Then my other cat "King Louis", my feisty black and white cat who no longer lives with me but was very dear to me, was sitting on my chair justlooking at me in all his real feistiness and attitude! I didn't pet him or anything but I talked to him. Then, this isthe freaky part - I "woke up", at least my eyes were definitely openand I was lying on my back in bed just looking at the wall and was in thatstate where I can't move or speak and usually go back into the dream if I justclose my eyes. Well, I thought "I am actually going to see if I CAN'T getup out of bed this time." Well, it was pretty hard to keep my eyes openand not slip directly back into sleep because clearly that is what either mymind or body wanted to do, but I tried extremely hard for a few seconds I managed to keep my eyes pried open andrealized that I was completely paralyzed, my limbs felt slightly numb and Ijust could not move or speak. My mouth was open and I couldn't close it. I fellback into that dream scenario for I think just a few minutes, maybe seconds,and then I woke up and felt myself this time coming slowly out of paralysis andcouldn't move at first but could move and come to full awareness in about 20 or30 seconds and I got up.

I talked to my sister about this andwe agreed that I might be in a type of alternate astral plane when this occurs- and spirits are simply out and roaming around there, some good, some evil,and some that are somewhere in between. That is the exact feeling I get when Iam there - it feels like an alternate, more realistic and colorful form ofearth where anything and everything exists. I looked up astral realms andastral projection online and it is pretty interesting stuff.

#67 Walking Eagle

Walking Eagle

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

I am a new member here. I was diagnosed with N w/o C about 18 months ago. I have been on a roller coaster that I'm sure many of you have been on as well and still are. This website is very intriguing because some of the things discussed I can relate very well with. Others, not so much. Maybe because I've never had SP that I'm aware of. I have, however, felt like I was much more aware of other people and their emotions. I've also felt like messages are trying to be sent, but I have no idea what the meanings are or who is trying to send the message.

One question I have for the rest of you, is do you have people say that you look like someone they know? If so, does it happen often? It happens to me quite often. I used to never think much of it, except I have a face with maybe some common characteristics. Reading this thread and looking back at some of my own experiences triggered one of those times where I feel a message is being sent. I had a chiropractor ask me after about 4 or 5 visits, how often I get asked about looking familiar to people. I told him quite a bit and he was obviously expecting that answer. I told him that was the first time someone had asked me like that. He said he has often wondered about this and why people look so familiar to complete strangers so much more often than most.

#68 ayesart

ayesart

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

From the beginning of yime it is said that everything has been created by the
Great Mystery.

Everything has been imbued with the qualities of the Great Mystery.

It is also said that we have been born in a state of forgetfulness.
Our task is to remember that which is within us all.
To become the best that a human being can be.

Compassionate.
Giving.
Loving
But most of all to be gentle with ourselves..

Our greatest task is to shed the hard chrysalis of
mis-preconceptions and self limitations that we have absorbed from others and from ourselves.

Our heart beats and we breathe without having to think about it.
This is a great miracle powered by the gift the Great Mystery has bequeathed us.

Within our core is raw power waiting to be acknowledged.
Once awakened it must be used for the good of ourselves and for others as well.

We are not mind.
We are not this body that clothes us.

We are soul.
That which is everlasting;
That which has been gifted to us.
It waits for us to see it.
To know it.
To become it.

Don't let yourselves become caught up in phenomena.
That is third eye stuff.
The stuff of illusions.

The reality of it all is to come to realize that,
We are all the created creators.

Take hold of your senses
To become their master.

Sleep. Blessed sleep is the gift that,
Opens the door to your perceptions.
To see what is real and true.

Brain Beta is too hyper active.
Brain delta is where its at
For therein is the place of healing.

Flourish in it.
Don't let others tell you you are limited - disabled.

Life is energy and it must flow freely.
No one can harness it because it must be constantly moving.
Energy and life can only be re-directed.

Sleep is the foundation of your healing.
It can be directed and made use of in many positive ways.

With hold it and you become sick.
Deny it and you become ill within your core.

Then why do you attempt to with hold it?
You dope it.
You medicate it.
You dam the flow of that energy because those who say they know
Don't really know.

Begone from us you speakers of "truth".
You in fact lie to us about our inborn abilities
By telling us we are dis-abled..

#69 ayesart

ayesart

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:57 AM

It has been said a long time ago
That someone will come to open the seven mystical seals.

That evil and destruction will be unleashed upon the world as a result
Of the opening of the seven seals.

It has been written that in the center of things is a big lake.
The lake is wild and stormy. Waves crash upon the shores wearing it away.

It has been said that one must sit to calm that lake with sheer will power.
Once the lake has been calmed the twelve kings will bow before the lake.

Science has discovered that there are twelve main neurons within our brain.
The science of the mind has discovered that we are all in a constant state of beta
Whose colour is red.

The science of mind has discovered that if red is replaced with the colour blue,
We become like the still waters of the lake. That state is called Alpha.
The twelve neurons slow their firing and bow before the calmed lake.

Once the lake has been calmed we work to acknowledge our core.
Then the work begins of opening the seven seals one by one.

It is no great mystery. It is as natural as breathing and living from day to day.

Cleanse yourselves of all worldly pollutions. Then begin the work.

Sit in a quiet place.
Then focus your mind upon the task of listening.
Listen to your breathing.
Regulate it - redirect it by taking a long deep breath and holding it for a little bit.
Then release it slowly.
Repeat this several times.
It will oxygenate your body and brain.

The next task is to sit and listen to your heart beat.

Feel it drumming in your ears. Acknowledge it and be grateful for it.

It is said that one must stop all activity in your mind.
This is a false hood meant to confuse.

Think of it in this way.
An empty mind is much like that of a cow in the fields. Empty and useless.

Next.

Get in touch with your brain.
It is not separate. It is one.
There is no left and right hemisphere.
It is one entity connected to itself by a cortex.

This will work to end your sense of duality.

Breathe deep and remember to relax all of your muscles.
Most of all, relax your eye borws and your forehead.
Relax your jaw by opening your mouth just a little bit.

Breathe deep.

And what if you are going to fall asleep in the middle of it all?

Don't fight it. Let it come and go.

#70 CATxi

CATxi

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

I am a new member here. I was diagnosed with N w/o C about 18 months ago. I have been on a roller coaster that I'm sure many of you have been on as well and still are. This website is very intriguing because some of the things discussed I can relate very well with. Others, not so much. Maybe because I've never had SP that I'm aware of. I have, however, felt like I was much more aware of other people and their emotions. I've also felt like messages are trying to be sent, but I have no idea what the meanings are or who is trying to send the message.

One question I have for the rest of you, is do you have people say that you look like someone they know? If so, does it happen often? It happens to me quite often. I used to never think much of it, except I have a face with maybe some common characteristics. Reading this thread and looking back at some of my own experiences triggered one of those times where I feel a message is being sent. I had a chiropractor ask me after about 4 or 5 visits, how often I get asked about looking familiar to people. I told him quite a bit and he was obviously expecting that answer. I told him that was the first time someone had asked me like that. He said he has often wondered about this and why people look so familiar to complete strangers so much more often than most.

people tell me that all the time! but i just figured i must have a common face.
im also more in tune to peoples moods, but i never figured it to be paranormal. just always thought i was more observant then others

i was just diagnosed with narcolepsy a few weeks ago. i was a wreck about the whole thing because since i was four years old my mother took me to the doctors multiple times and i got diagnosed with everything but narcolepsy. i thought all this stuff was wrong with me when all it was was this simple(not simple but compared to what they said was wrong it is) . but i got over it. and now im here.

the reason i got diagnosed was because i finally told my doctor that i had been seeing shadows at night. they looked like people, but with oout and physical features. basically looked like a solid 3 dimentional shadow. i saw it when i was 4 and noone believed me except for my mom.so i just stopped mentioning it ..until earlier this year. i started getting until lucid dreaming and did WILD technique...that was my first sleep paralysis experience(ive had dreams where i couldnt move and something was chasing me but none this real, i thought i was awake) then i starte having dreams about them where i couldnt move. all i could do was stare at the enviroment around me almost trance like. and after what seemed like hours i finally was able to focus on my foreground. and it was this shadow man. he was standing almost against me with his head leaned in like he wanted to whisper something. all i could see were his left shoulder and neck and bottom of his head. and i began to wake up very often during th night hearing noises and started seeing him walk around my house, but only when i woke up. he started watching me sleep and i felt like someone was always watching me. i started thinking i was going crazy and noticed that i was never home because i was scared. so i went to the hospital..3 days later my doctor tells me he thinks its narcalepsy. then after months of waiting for sleep study then waiting for the results he tells me hes 95% sure i have it and i might never be 100% sure. he put me on provigil and i thought i was fine. but then i woke up to 3 of them watching me sleep. my doctor swears its hypogogic hillucinations. but them y is it worse WITH the meds? and why do other people describe seeing exactly what i had described, somethings even wor for word...he diddnt have an answer... i guess ill never know if its truley paranormal or just in my head.

#71 bluestarr78

bluestarr78

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

people tell me that all the time! but i just figured i must have a common face.
im also more in tune to peoples moods, but i never figured it to be paranormal. just always thought i was more observant then others

i was just diagnosed with narcolepsy a few weeks ago. i was a wreck about the whole thing because since i was four years old my mother took me to the doctors multiple times and i got diagnosed with everything but narcolepsy. i thought all this stuff was wrong with me when all it was was this simple(not simple but compared to what they said was wrong it is) . but i got over it. and now im here.

the reason i got diagnosed was because i finally told my doctor that i had been seeing shadows at night. they looked like people, but with oout and physical features. basically looked like a solid 3 dimentional shadow. i saw it when i was 4 and noone believed me except for my mom.so i just stopped mentioning it ..until earlier this year. i started getting until lucid dreaming and did WILD technique...that was my first sleep paralysis experience(ive had dreams where i couldnt move and something was chasing me but none this real, i thought i was awake) then i starte having dreams about them where i couldnt move. all i could do was stare at the enviroment around me almost trance like. and after what seemed like hours i finally was able to focus on my foreground. and it was this shadow man. he was standing almost against me with his head leaned in like he wanted to whisper something. all i could see were his left shoulder and neck and bottom of his head. and i began to wake up very often during th night hearing noises and started seeing him walk around my house, but only when i woke up. he started watching me sleep and i felt like someone was always watching me. i started thinking i was going crazy and noticed that i was never home because i was scared. so i went to the hospital..3 days later my doctor tells me he thinks its narcalepsy. then after months of waiting for sleep study then waiting for the results he tells me hes 95% sure i have it and i might never be 100% sure. he put me on provigil and i thought i was fine. but then i woke up to 3 of them watching me sleep. my doctor swears its hypogogic hillucinations. but them y is it worse WITH the meds? and why do other people describe seeing exactly what i had described, somethings even wor for word...he diddnt have an answer... i guess ill never know if its truley paranormal or just in my head.

When I started having hypnopompic and hypnogogic hallucinations, I told my family. When I had one with Satan in it, they were immediately convinced it was really Satan and that I had been crossing over to another dimension and somehow "inviting" evil spirits into my life. They almost demanded that I begin going to church, any church, until it was resolved. I don't know what to believe anymore, but I do believe that we most definitely could be crossing over to other dimensions even though I realize and am quite aware of the physiological aspect of all this. This truly is a gift, I know it doesn't seem like most of the time, but still. I have had, as someone else suggested, also experiences of levitating, this was in the middle of a hallucination. It felt as if my soul was actually detaching itself from my body. It felt like a fuzzy feeling, like my soul was the Real me, and was coming out of my physical body for a while. It was being jerked around and my soul (or so I thought) was levitating for a bit, then it fell onto the floor and I was lying there with a sudden feeling of dread as though something was going to come into my room and hurt me. This was all a hallucination but what is weird is that it felt like it was ME, and that my body was just a physical temporary shell for my soul to inhabit for a while. What does everyone else think? And what does everyone think about the following freakiness about the possibility of time travel as well:

Wanna hear something freaky? Yes. Okay. Lol! This stuff usually happens more towards being asleep than awake for me so this FREAKED me out. But today I was lying on my bed, still quite awake (or so I thought = sometimes I don't even know anymore!) when I heard someone typing on my keyboard on my computer which was about 4 feet from my bed. It recurringly happened every time I would close my eyes. I KNOW what I heard, but obviously there was nobody there. I have started having some sick auditory hallucinations. I also had a "radio" click on next to my head, like it was sitting on the bed next to me (also, when I was almost falling asleep but still awake). This radio sounded like something from a previous time, before my time, or at least one from about the 1980s at the latest. It was SO real it was crazy, once I got over the weirdness of it (and loudness!) I actually just lied there and enjoyed listening to my make-believe radio. Who knows...maybe it WAS a radio from another place and time, another dimension, that someone was listening to in that very room at some other point in time.

*insert X-files them music here*

#72 CATxi

CATxi

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

When I started having hypnopompic and hypnogogic hallucinations, I told my family. When I had one with Satan in it, they were immediately convinced it was really Satan and that I had been crossing over to another dimension and somehow "inviting" evil spirits into my life. They almost demanded that I begin going to church, any church, until it was resolved. I don't know what to believe anymore, but I do believe that we most definitely could be crossing over to other dimensions even though I realize and am quite aware of the physiological aspect of all this. This truly is a gift, I know it doesn't seem like most of the time, but still. I have had, as someone else suggested, also experiences of levitating, this was in the middle of a hallucination. It felt as if my soul was actually detaching itself from my body. It felt like a fuzzy feeling, like my soul was the Real me, and was coming out of my physical body for a while. It was being jerked around and my soul (or so I thought) was levitating for a bit, then it fell onto the floor and I was lying there with a sudden feeling of dread as though something was going to come into my room and hurt me. This was all a hallucination but what is weird is that it felt like it was ME, and that my body was just a physical temporary shell for my soul to inhabit for a while. What does everyone else think? And what does everyone think about the following freakiness about the possibility of time travel as well:

Wanna hear something freaky? Yes. Okay. Lol! This stuff usually happens more towards being asleep than awake for me so this FREAKED me out. But today I was lying on my bed, still quite awake (or so I thought = sometimes I don't even know anymore!) when I heard someone typing on my keyboard on my computer which was about 4 feet from my bed. It recurringly happened every time I would close my eyes. I KNOW what I heard, but obviously there was nobody there. I have started having some sick auditory hallucinations. I also had a "radio" click on next to my head, like it was sitting on the bed next to me (also, when I was almost falling asleep but still awake). This radio sounded like something from a previous time, before my time, or at least one from about the 1980s at the latest. It was SO real it was crazy, once I got over the weirdness of it (and loudness!) I actually just lied there and enjoyed listening to my make-believe radio. Who knows...maybe it WAS a radio from another place and time, another dimension, that someone was listening to in that very room at some other point in time.

haha thats awesom that you have found a way to enjoy some of this instead of being afraid. it does help to know why you have them. i know im not as scared anymore now that i knw its N, but still creeps me out none the less. i also have found that its hard to tell if something that hapened was a dream or real, but i always assumed everyone had this, until last year.
ive also experienced the levitating feeling, but it stops when i open my eyes. if you look up lucid dreaming or induced lucid dreaming it will explain to you that its a normal process of falling asleep. everyone goes through it every night, but "normal" people are already asleep and unaware of it all. people with N are just wired differantly. our brains stay awake while are bodies are falling asleep. just look it up, it will explain it all and maybe make you feel a little better.
im still undesided weather or not the things i see and hear are paranormal or totally related to my narcalepsy. the thing that really keeps me wondering is the fact that tons of people describe these things in such detail that seems nearly impossible for it to just be N. the only thing i can think of on y people see shadow people is that the human figure is so common. we see them everyday all day long. and i think maybe its like those black dots you stare at for 30 secs or whatever it is and then look at a white wall, you still see it but its a little distorted. i think maybe the common human figure burns itself in your brain and just comes out in hallucinations or hypagognia whatever you want to call it. but the thing that scares me the most is i probly will never know for sure. the unknown is scary for me, but also very intriguing.
ive always been into the paranormal, so who knows...anything is possible

#73 bluestarr78

bluestarr78

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

haha thats awesom that you have found a way to enjoy some of this instead of being afraid. it does help to know why you have them. i know im not as scared anymore now that i knw its N, but still creeps me out none the less. i also have found that its hard to tell if something that hapened was a dream or real, but i always assumed everyone had this, until last year.
ive also experienced the levitating feeling, but it stops when i open my eyes. if you look up lucid dreaming or induced lucid dreaming it will explain to you that its a normal process of falling asleep. everyone goes through it every night, but "normal" people are already asleep and unaware of it all. people with N are just wired differantly. our brains stay awake while are bodies are falling asleep. just look it up, it will explain it all and maybe make you feel a little better.
im still undesided weather or not the things i see and hear are paranormal or totally related to my narcalepsy. the thing that really keeps me wondering is the fact that tons of people describe these things in such detail that seems nearly impossible for it to just be N. the only thing i can think of on y people see shadow people is that the human figure is so common. we see them everyday all day long. and i think maybe its like those black dots you stare at for 30 secs or whatever it is and then look at a white wall, you still see it but its a little distorted. i think maybe the common human figure burns itself in your brain and just comes out in hallucinations or hypagognia whatever you want to call it. but the thing that scares me the most is i probly will never know for sure. the unknown is scary for me, but also very intriguing.
ive always been into the paranormal, so who knows...anything is possible

They should make an X Files episode on this. Or George Noory could do a program on it on Coast to Coast. I should suggest that if he takes suggestions. Man, I tell you some of that stuff on Coast to Coast really freaks me out now! Of course some of it just makes me laugh! Do you ever listen to that radio program? It is really good.

#74 CATxi

CATxi

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

They should make an X Files episode on this. Or George Noory could do a program on it on Coast to Coast. I should suggest that if he takes suggestions. Man, I tell you some of that stuff on Coast to Coast really freaks me out now! Of course some of it just makes me laugh! Do you ever listen to that radio program? It is really good.

never heard of it. but they SHOULD do a movie or something about this. does get pretty freaky at times

#75 ayesart

ayesart

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

#76 ayesart

ayesart

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

I've written about phenomenon on this site before within this forum.
Some thoughts.
There are different states of brain activity going on constantly within your head.
1: Beta is the state where there is a lot of brain activity going on during our waking state.
2: Alpha is the state where we are remming or dreaming. Alpha has different levels to it.
a: A calm relaxed state during meditation.
b: A deeper state that borders on that phase that is called, "almost sleeping, but not." The body is totally relaxed but the mind is barely in control. The autonomic system takes over during this phase.
c: The next phase is the dream state. This phase produces rem, rapid eye movement. It is a semi deep sleep.
d: The delta phase is where the body is healing itself. It is said this is the place the Yoga and spiritual Masters go.

Narcolepics have a big problem. They aren't able to get into the delta state of very deep sleep.

Nacoleptics are always in an alpha state of being at varying levels of that state.

There are in fact different levels of perceptions.

There are in fact phenomenon that can't be explained away by science.

The "demons" come from your subconscious state of mind. They exist and they don't exist. "Satan" is a state of mind that is constantly in a negative state. The mind worries about something or some event or someone. That worry is a negative state of mind. It can create "demons" or "satanic type impressions."

We all must work to keep our minds in a positive state. Please read my past posts on how to maintain a positive mind through meditation.

#77 CATxi

CATxi

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

I've written about phenomenon on this site before within this forum.
Some thoughts.
There are different states of brain activity going on constantly within your head.
1: Beta is the state where there is a lot of brain activity going on during our waking state.
2: Alpha is the state where we are remming or dreaming. Alpha has different levels to it.
a: A calm relaxed state during meditation.
b: A deeper state that borders on that phase that is called, "almost sleeping, but not." The body is totally relaxed but the mind is barely in control. The autonomic system takes over during this phase.
c: The next phase is the dream state. This phase produces rem, rapid eye movement. It is a semi deep sleep.
d: The delta phase is where the body is healing itself. It is said this is the place the Yoga and spiritual Masters go.

Narcolepics have a big problem. They aren't able to get into the delta state of very deep sleep.

Nacoleptics are always in an alpha state of being at varying levels of that state.

There are in fact different levels of perceptions.

There are in fact phenomenon that can't be explained away by science.

The "demons" come from your subconscious state of mind. They exist and they don't exist. "Satan" is a state of mind that is constantly in a negative state. The mind worries about something or some event or someone. That worry is a negative state of mind. It can create "demons" or "satanic type impressions."

We all must work to keep our minds in a positive state. Please read my past posts on how to maintain a positive mind through meditation.

hmm. this is interesting. where can i find your posts?

also i realize it is from my narcalepsy but find it odd that so many others explained it the exact same way. i saw this when i was 4 and diddnt know other saw the exact thing i did until this year. just od to me that so many people see the exact thing. we all have differant minds and differant dreams so how are they so similar?

#78 Outcast031

Outcast031

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:53 AM

I actually always had a strong fascination with the paranormal. Ironically I had believed the easiest Psychic ability to learn and the one I practiced most was Astral Projection. I have studied many books, spoken with experts and even had the privilege to be a guest speaker on the subject for two college classes during my college days. This was all prior to my narcolepsy of course.

Before my narcolepsy I tried for years to accomplish a successful, fully coherent Etheric projection. (Read the astral projection work book for specifics:P)

I never had much success. But then I was struck with Narcolepsy and would you believe it.

In astral projection the ability to go to sleep quickly is useful. But two of the most common phenomena written in nearly every single book on the subject of astral projection.are something called (maybe you've heard of these) Sleep paralysis and the hypnogogic state. In the books it is believed that these things occur when the consciousness is transitioning from the physical body to its etheric or astral counter part.

So I imagine you might now ask... So you studied this and practiced for years. and now you have Narcolepsy and conveniently you do suffer the systems of sleep paralysis and hypnogogic hallucinations. Can it be a coincidence? Was the narcolepsy perhaps a side effect of your efforts? Or the even more intriguing question. Now that you pretty much reach these states whether you like it or not have you now been able to Astral Project?

The answer to the first question is No. I believe part of why I focused on astral projection was even as a teenager I noticed subtly I often required more sleep then others around me even back then. I suspect the narcolepsy took full effect over time.

The second question. Well I have certainly found I can induce lucid dreams far more easily then ever before. However nothing I see while these dreams occur can prove definitively that I am doing more then just dreaming. However one interesting side effect is during these lucid dreams there are two inconsistencies that I cannot explain as a dream. during these lucid dreams the sensation of pain can occur. In one dream I felt teeth bite into my leg from a wild dog. this was not a pleasant experience and I was actually surprised to find that there was no injury on my leg due to how real the pain felt during the dream. secondly like in the chapters regarding the mental plane of the astral it is stated that one must be careful what they think about. you might be forced to face fears you do not wish to see. needless to say I am careful to resist letting the mind wander as the moment I do the dreamscape begins to change in response. Its not common to have that much control over normal lucid dreams.

so I suppose that leaves the final answer to the second question open to debate. 

#79 sleepingmonkey

sleepingmonkey

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Phish, parenting, painting, wire wrapping healing stones/crystals into jewelry, books (postmodernism, fictional prose, gallows humor, satire), dining al fresco, the sun on my face & the grass between my toes, fashion

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

OK I know this is old, but I have to add some of my own experiences!

Several things to add...

1. People ALWAYS tell me I look like someone they know

2. I see said shadows, and usually when I do (though it's very rare these days...it used to be ALL the time in college when I was FAR more sleep deprived, about 10 years ago) it's scary faces...like just floating heads in shadowy black and green...almost like the northern lights. I also see these "lights" that move in and out, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly, like a kaleidoscope in the field in front/side of my line of vision (not in my actual eyes) during meditation. I have started meditating less as a result, because it strains/hurts my eyes to try to follow them, and it's nearly impossible for me not to focus on it. 

3. The batteries on my watch always lag behind and eventually stop, WELL before they should...we're talking weeks

4. Several premonitions of mine have come true, to-date. Most recent ones being; I dreamed there was a flood and I had to coordinate all the clean-up efforts etc. It was at my house. The following morning on the way to work (I was a commercial property manager at the time), I got a call from my engineer saying that 5 of the 8 floors in one of my buildings flooded from a pipe burst. I then spent the rest of the day coordinating the clean up.

5. I have a LOT of dreams the are progressive and pick up where the one left off from the night/nap before. These are the profound ones that I think absolutely hold meaning to them. Oddly enough most of them revolve around seeing energy/outline lights of "bodies" etc. --these are usually positive and usually directly related to me.

6. There is something to be found in all of my dreams that reference my life personally, or the people in them, no matter how small or large they are.

7. I get "feelings" and can be extremely superstitious with things as a result.

8. Recently I had a dream that my mom went to the doctor and got bad cancer news. In my dream it was related to a breast exam. In real life, it came back clear. But a month later she was diagnosed with bladder cancer, and then melanoma. This came after I wrote something on twitter saying how I hoped my mom was around many years to come so she can bug me with 1,000 calls and texts per day...

10. A few months after my grandma died (whom lived with me almost my entire life), I had a dream that she came to my new apartment (where she had never been in her real life), and wore a locket on a chain. She looked happy and revived...about 30 years younger than she was when she passed months earlier. I asked her if I could have it. I always asked her for things when she was alive ;P She gave it to me and she put it around my neck and then she said, "but know that when you wake, you will not see this anymore. it will still be here, always, but you will never again see it. understand?" To this day (now 2 years later), I always have a red blotchy spot on the exact spot where that chain hung in the dream. My family always makes comments about it; in fact my mom did just today. And it has nothing to do with me involuntarily touching that spot.

One thing I would suggest, for people that see scary things regularly, is to "protect" yourself before you go to sleep. It doesn't take long. I recently saw a shaman who did a "cleansing" and she recommended it. I also do work with healing stones/crystals when I meditate and I always use the quick and easy "protection." This is how *I* do it, but there a plethora of variations, and they all work well (if you believe in this sort of thing)...you just have to find what works for you. This is similar to what I was told, but in the end, my way of doing it just developed on its own as I begun to do it.

-Imagine a yellow/golden light in the center of your abdomen when you're lying in bed

-Imagine the golden light spinning faster and faster until it eventually starts spewing out of you

-Mine trickles out slowly at first (kind of like stretching laffy taffy)

-Then start wrapping it around you (I do this as an outline/perimeter first to make sure I don't miss anything)

-Once the perimeter is done (360 degrees), I let the golden light fill up the bubble

-When it's full, I mentally push my arms out to stretch out the bubble so I don't feel too confined

-Then I just ask that this golden light protect me and force anything negative away from me to safe place where it cannot harm anyone

I also do this in the mornings just to prevent anyone's regular day-to-day negative energy from infringing upon my own energy. Maybe it's just the power of suggestion, but either way, it really does help me!