• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:14 AM

So the wonderful Marcianna asked me if I had read "The Secret" because of my sig...Yeah, I read it, and I saw the movie (which is why I'm posting here)....

If you've seen the movie, you know it's not like other movies. Parts of it I totally agree with. Other parts I would identify as garden variety hogwash Ramtha is wierd (although she makes sense at times). Bob Proctor comes across like he's only out to make a buck by offering nothing new. Rev. Dr. Michael Beckwith inspires nicely. The real star in my book...Fred Alan Wolf

If you feel you could use some kind of enlightenment, get the movie "The Secret"...There are some good points made. But if you're REALLY needing something to trip your mind on, check out "Down the Rabbit Hole" Not only is Fred Alan Wolf in it, but it was shot entirely in my home town of Portland, OR.

'nuff said!

-Stu

#2 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:10 PM

Sweet I knew you saw the secret! I could tell by your Sig! lol. Honestly, I was not impressed and felt like I wasted 30 bucks on that thing. dry.gif Not because it was bad or anything, but because everyone told me I HAD to see it.... so when I finally got it I was disappointed. Because to me it was common sense. I was really suprised that this manner of thinking was some big Secret! I have been doing that for years just on my own.

As for What the bleep do we know. GREAT MOVIE. Even people who are not so great at science can understand the general idea it is trying to bring across. I totally own that. I got the extended version... Down The Rabbit Hole... And one year for xmas I got like 10 of the regular versions and gave them as Xmas presents. So now all my friend are almost s cool as I am. lol.

As a warning dont try to watch the whole thing at once. It blows your mind over and over again, so break it up into sections and really take the time to Absorb what your seeing. This is one of those thins that will change you. Seriously.

Stu, buddy, We are to awesome for words! wink.gif

#3 Lovemyhusband

Lovemyhusband

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:I love to read, spend time with my family and will always say yes to a trip to an amusement park!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:21 PM

you guys have definitely peaked my interest. So I'll take the bait and maybe learn something. I am adding those two items to the list I have of things to look for on my next trip to the library.

#4 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:41 PM

To me, the difference is that the "Law of Attraction" isn't the universe, but it's all within us. There ain't no magic Genie, it's all up to us.

That's what I like about Fred Alan Wolf...He explains how WE draw what we want to us by our own mind and actions. I'm trying to get the wonderful powers that be to get him to a conference.

Clara...If you're interested in the secret, we can give you the quick and skinny...

But definately rent the movie "Down the Rabbit Hole"...It's beautifully mind blowing...
PLUS you get to see many of the locations I spent too much of my youth doing things I probably shouldn't be doing!

smile.gif

#5 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (greatbig47 @ Aug 4 2008, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But definately rent the movie "Down the Rabbit Hole"...It's beautifully mind blowing...
PLUS you get to see many of the locations I spent too much of my youth doing things I probably shouldn't be doing!

smile.gif

Blah........ Clara, Dont rent it BUY it! You will be glad you did!

#6 Lovemyhusband

Lovemyhusband

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:I love to read, spend time with my family and will always say yes to a trip to an amusement park!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (greatbig47 @ Aug 4 2008, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Clara...If you're interested in the secret, we can give you the quick and skinny...

smile.gif

Please share away.

Someday you will have to share the stories attached to the things you should not have been doing.

#7 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (Lovemyhusband @ Aug 4 2008, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please share away.

Someday you will have to share the stories attached to the things you should not have been doing.

oh yeah sounds like it's time to dish the dirt Stu!
Were you a naughty boy? ohmy.gif

#8 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (Marcianna @ Aug 6 2008, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh yeah sounds like it's time to dish the dirt Stu!
Were you a naughty boy? ohmy.gif

Ask me @ the conference...I'll spill my guts then smile.gif

There's a fine line between naughty and stupid...
I, unfortunetly was too much of the later...

*blushing*

#9 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (greatbig47 @ Aug 7 2008, 06:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ask me @ the conference...I'll spill my guts then smile.gif

There's a fine line between naughty and stupid...
I, unfortunetly was too much of the later...

*blushing*

lol! bummer! I wont be able to make it! I dont have that kind of money!

I hold out for the book I guess.

"The Wild and Disturbing Adventures of Stu."

sounds lika a good title!