damian

Sex With Narcolepsy/cataplexy

39 posts in this topic

I haven't found this topic yet I know most people are waiting to get there tablets right but does anyone suffer from attacks with the excitment of sex or actually carry it out have sex. I can do it no problem unless to excited then I just go into a cataplexy not good!!!

anyone else?

I haven't found this topic yet I know most people are waiting to get there tablets right but does anyone suffer from attacks with the excitment of sex or actually carry it out have sex. I can do it no problem unless to excited then I just go into a cataplexy not good!!!

anyone else?

After/during orgasm is when Andre has his attacks. It doesn't happen all of the time but enough to make you wonder what exactly triggered it at that very moment.

i have an occasional attack afterwords. But not to the point of falling. My knees get shakey, and it's hard to talk.

After I finished within a minute I out for the count straight away wake 5-10 minutes later refreshed, thats when I am prone to the paralysis.

It's happened a few times with me...Just the cataplexy.

There is a strange sense of SP on the horizon when it happens...

And yeah...it sucks

I guess it is really different for me, being female. I have alot of other medical problems as well. My husband is so kind and understanding how I am always in pain--fibro and RA in addition to Narco/Cataplexy.

I guess it is really different for me, being female. I have alot of other medical problems as well. My husband is so kind and understanding how I am always in pain--fibro and RA in addition to Narco/Cataplexy.

Just out of curiosity are you saying that females with Cat attacks do not have them when they have an orgasm?

Just out of curiosity are you saying that females with Cat attacks do not have them when they have an orgasm?

Speaking from experience, females with CAT attacks, can and do have them during sexual activity. Thankfully my husband takes it in stride and good humor.

I DONT HAVE CAT ATTACKS DURING SEX BUT WITHIN 5 MINS IM ASLEEP ( AFTERWARDS THAT IS) :D .10 MINS LATER WIDE AWAKE..............

anyone else?

Actually yeah during mostly. I couldn't "fake it" if I tried. my teeth start to chatter and then I just go completely limp. which sucks. when I was younger it was difficult being with someone new cuz it scared them. My ex husband when we first uh... got together actually took me to the hospital. lol.

The guy I am with now is great I spent the last 8 years training him. So he's got my combination down ya know? But I feel bad cuz I get really tired after about 20 minutes, then end up going to sleep right afterwards. My Cataplexy has gotten worse as I have gotten older, which is the worst part. I cant ............um..... be as creative as I once was due to the fact I could hurt myself or him. OH and freaking BOOOOOOO!!! :( no more shower sex! ARGH!

I'm the worst lay. poor guy. I love him!

These are the things (as narcoleptics) we MUST fight. If we just give up on keeping the things in life we LOVE, then we've ALL lost. It's not a fight with an actual opponent, but with a condition.

N will NEVER keep me from enjoying life (he says KNOWING it has and will in the future).

As I get older, I find myself becoming more and more affraid of driving. This is a sort of "throwing down the gloves" to me.

At what point do we say, "Oh...HELL no N is NOT taking that away from me!"

I'm the worst lay. poor guy. I love him!

I doubt he thinks that...I doubt YOU think that :)

Nothing is worse than catting and hearing "what the hell is wrong w/ him/her?"

And in bed...THAT would really suck.

8 years means more than just good training...

I think that means there's an element of trust that's hard to find.

Okay, okay...and probably some pretty good training too ;)

These are the things (as narcoleptics) we MUST fight. If we just give up on keeping the things in life we LOVE, then we've ALL lost. It's not a fight with an actual opponent, but with a condition.

N will NEVER keep me from enjoying life (he says KNOWING it has and will in the future).

As I get older, I find myself becoming more and more affraid of driving. This is a sort of "throwing down the gloves" to me.

At what point do we say, "Oh...HELL no N is NOT taking that away from me!"

TOTALLY AGREE GREATBIG47.

I think that you are still fighting the battle very well, you must be for the way you support others.

Do think you lucky still driving, I loved my cars, without um so empty can't go anywhere when wanting to, miss drives in local areas etc The driving authorities wrote to me, DVLA and revoked my licence beause I had N. all this within the first month of being diagnosed.

So it took me a while to comment on this one... I've been deprived lol. So anyways now I can :P !!!

Normally my cataplexy is very mild... nothing more than feeling week, and losing control of muscles in my face for a second.

I noticed after sex that I don't know what is and is not cataplexy! lol One thing I do know is I can't stand up after it for at least 5 min. If I try I just fall back down. Weird, but tolerable. :)

So it took me a while to comment on this one... I've been deprived lol. So anyways now I can :P !!!

Normally my cataplexy is very mild... nothing more than feeling week, and losing control of muscles in my face for a second.

I noticed after sex that I don't know what is and is not cataplexy! lol One thing I do know is I can't stand up after it for at least 5 min. If I try I just fall back down. Weird, but tolerable. :)

You have got to remember that the cataplexy is triggered mainly by emotions or cause you resist attacks and don't nap, but if cat attacks come on with laughter, anger etc in my case I think that its there when I experience satisfaction. I to would fall if I tried to stand up straight away usually have to give it a minute but by then I'm out of it in a nap only for bout 5-10mins then I awake again but would struggle alot if I had do it again straight away.

[quote name='greatbig47' date='Aug 5 2008, 06:21 AM' post='4222'

Damn good training too! I was thinking of making a video....

lol. Just kidding. :P

[quote name='greatbig47' date='Aug 5 2008, 06:21 AM' post='4222'

Damn good training too! I was thinking of making a video....

lol. Just kidding. :P

::Whispers in Lais02's ear::

(congratulations! Woo Hoo Go You!!!!!)

I remember I had sex once (many moons back)

But it was nice, and then I got a fright, immediately afterwards I was transposed to another dimension

I was in a planet which had a purple sky and then many bolts of lightning began forming, spreading from the ground upwards in harmonic succession.

I was on top of a hill in a road and could see an alien metropolis at the end of the road.

The experience was so extremely real and vivid, I began getting lost in it and then seriously freaking out: I wanted to go back to normal. The illusion faded away and I could then only see the face of my partner then smiling back, probably thinking: "That must have been good for him, he looks pretty spaced out".

anyone else?

ha ha it has just occurred to me...... leave it to a guy to wanna talk about sex!!! lol.

Just kidding Damian. It's a really good topic and one that shouldn't be taboo. I'm glad you brought it up....

I remember I had sex once (many moons back)

But it was nice, and then I got a fright, immediately afterwards I was transposed to another dimension

I was in a planet which had a purple sky and then many bolts of lightning began forming, spreading from the ground upwards in harmonic succession.

I was on top of a hill in a road and could see an alien metropolis at the end of the road.

The experience was so extremely real and vivid, I began getting lost in it and then seriously freaking out: I wanted to go back to normal. The illusion faded away and I could then only see the face of my partner then smiling back, probably thinking: "That must have been good for him, he looks pretty spaced out".

HOLY S**T!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

I have totally done that sort of thing! Where you feel like you just shoot straight up out of your body and you feel like all you energy just wrapped around the world... complete with lighting I might add and then you come back and everybodys happy like you said! Sweet. Glad I'm not the only one!

Pretty freaking awesome! Definately worth the rug burn!

What a great thread! Only in a few rare instances have I had any symptoms of cataplexy so I've been reluctant to think that it is possible that it is happening after sex.

I just thought I was having orgasms that were more powerful than before until my doc asked me about these symptoms. Of course when he said asked if I experience any paralysis or weakness during extreme anger, excitement, or laughter? I couldn't look at him and say "well only during sex" so I just said "only a few times"

I still don't know what think about it.... HELP

Sometimes during and often after my face completely locks up and starts tingling -- My lips pucker -- eyes squint neck tightens -- i'm sure my man loves it.

I might wouldn't think anything of it except it lasts 10 minutes sometimes. The rest of me is ready to go again and my face is still so tingly and tight that I can't talk clearly and can barely blink.

Is this cataplexy?

My girl does NOT have narcolepsy or cataplexy and she falls asleep EVERY time we make love, pretty well immediately. That's not narcolepsy, that's just the nature of sex.

I've never fallen asleep /during/ sex thank goodness, however the heightened emotions of love making make me tired sometimes. Not to say every time we have sex it's love making, there's a HUGE difference. However, I do find it hard to work up to a natural and healthy progression without falling asleep before everything is over or even 'begins'. I think most people with Narcolepsy develop strategies for everything in their life, and in love making is one of them..

So here are my tips:

1. talk to your lover long before you ever make love and take the conversation far away from the bedroom, over coffee or something. Make sure he/she FULLY understands what might happen and what is really going on when you fall asleep.

2. A lover is always pleased to hear about things you would like them to do, tell them what would please you in this situation i.e. leave you alone, wake you up, lay beside you and tell you they love you, kiss you because you can still feel it, talk to you because you can still hear their voice, that kinda thing.

3. take time to learn to relax with your lover. New relationships are exciting, but excitement can lead to fatigue, and with narcolepsy everything is uncertain. If you learn to relax and get used to you and your lovers love-making cycles you'll connect often without any worry about what will happen, just a good mood. Don't have sex in new relationships, especially if you are nervous about it because it won't work. Anyone wanting to get into your pants immediately won't be interested in taking care of you in the future, Narcolpesy is heavy stuff for partners to deal with, so absoltely don't assume you'll be able to keep it away from your partner.

4. When the time comes and you find yourself falling asleep, just be confident. Tell your lover what's happening if you can, keep it light-hearted if you can (I know this condition can get depressing and a a good lover should be able to comfort you anyways), don't make a big deal of the condition and it won't become a big deal. I know it makes me sad when I can't express how much I love my girl physically, but she understands and the emotional bond that has forged is WAY stronger and important than any sexual connection we have - but I guess this is a lesson young people just have to learn for themselves.

5. If you are into promiscious sex I would suggest bearing NO emotional attachment to the person/people in question. It complicates things in these situations. NEVER move into an intimate relationship if your friendship begins on the sex buddy note. Narcolepsy is just too serious of a condition to start off on this foot. If you really like a guy/girl, JUST WAIT, if it's a good match, the wait will be worth it, if it's not, the idiot on the other end will ditch.

One last thing, every guy/girl falls asleep after good sex, it's a lot of hard work, it's fun, it's exciting, satisfying and then relaxing. Moreover, every girl I've known (not necessarily guys), gets a surge of energy about 10 to 15 minutes after falling asleep (which is usually very pleasing for a guy because girls tend to get bubbly and happy at this point). Finally, I've /never/ met a girl who's legs don't buckle! So to everyone who says "I fall asleep and wake up 15 minutes later very refreshed", this isn't unusual for any human being.

does anyone know exactly what endorphins are realeased in the brain when orgazim is achived? I dont want to seem lewd, I mearly want to say for the sake of information, In the past I have found personal stimulation to the finish line has actually helped me be able to fall asleep. this is why I wounder If orgazim can release an endorphan that would typically be working against getting rest?

does this make any sense to anyone or am I statrting to fade here?

Yep, I have C attacks all the time during. They only last 30 seconds or so and then I'm fine again. My parter is really patient and understanding and it never gets in the way. In past relationships it used to last a little longer and I've had other partners take advantage of me during that time. So I made sure I found someone would would be kind this time around. :)