• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Damian

Damian

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Use to be Karate, swimming and cars

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:06 AM

I haven't found this topic yet I know most people are waiting to get there tablets right but does anyone suffer from attacks with the excitment of sex or actually carry it out have sex. I can do it no problem unless to excited then I just go into a cataplexy not good!!!
anyone else?

#2 Lovemyhusband

Lovemyhusband

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:I love to read, spend time with my family and will always say yes to a trip to an amusement park!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (Damian @ Jul 22 2008, 02:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't found this topic yet I know most people are waiting to get there tablets right but does anyone suffer from attacks with the excitment of sex or actually carry it out have sex. I can do it no problem unless to excited then I just go into a cataplexy not good!!!
anyone else?

After/during orgasm is when Andre has his attacks. It doesn't happen all of the time but enough to make you wonder what exactly triggered it at that very moment.

#3 MEColumbo

MEColumbo

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:03 PM

i have an occasional attack afterwords. But not to the point of falling. My knees get shakey, and it's hard to talk.

#4 Damian

Damian

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:23 AM

After I finished within a minute I out for the count straight away wake 5-10 minutes later refreshed, thats when I am prone to the paralysis.

#5 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:46 AM

It's happened a few times with me...Just the cataplexy.
There is a strange sense of SP on the horizon when it happens...

And yeah...it sucks

#6 sleepyavon

sleepyavon

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Disability Activism, Narcolepsy, Fibromyalgia, RA, lipstick, fragrance, sports, FUN!, Xyrem, Cataplexy

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:32 PM

I guess it is really different for me, being female. I have alot of other medical problems as well. My husband is so kind and understanding how I am always in pain--fibro and RA in addition to Narco/Cataplexy.

#7 Lovemyhusband

Lovemyhusband

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:I love to read, spend time with my family and will always say yes to a trip to an amusement park!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE (sleepyavon @ Jul 25 2008, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess it is really different for me, being female. I have alot of other medical problems as well. My husband is so kind and understanding how I am always in pain--fibro and RA in addition to Narco/Cataplexy.

Just out of curiosity are you saying that females with Cat attacks do not have them when they have an orgasm?

#8 Diane in North Carolina

Diane in North Carolina

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:I have always enjoyed working; I'm a human resources professional. I enjoy golf and flower gardening (or I did back when I had the energy), reading suspense novels racy enough to keep me awake, and action movies. I'm trying to learn to acrylic painting.

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (Lovemyhusband @ Jul 25 2008, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just out of curiosity are you saying that females with Cat attacks do not have them when they have an orgasm?

Speaking from experience, females with CAT attacks, can and do have them during sexual activity. Thankfully my husband takes it in stride and good humor.

#9 bagpuss

bagpuss

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:ROCK CLIMBING ,CYCLING AND WATCHING MY SON PLAY RUGBY

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:03 AM

I DONT HAVE CAT ATTACKS DURING SEX BUT WITHIN 5 MINS IM ASLEEP ( AFTERWARDS THAT IS) biggrin.gif .10 MINS LATER WIDE AWAKE..............

#10 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 02 August 2008 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (Damian @ Jul 22 2008, 06:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyone else?

Actually yeah during mostly. I couldn't "fake it" if I tried. my teeth start to chatter and then I just go completely limp. which sucks. when I was younger it was difficult being with someone new cuz it scared them. My ex husband when we first uh... got together actually took me to the hospital. lol.
The guy I am with now is great I spent the last 8 years training him. So he's got my combination down ya know? But I feel bad cuz I get really tired after about 20 minutes, then end up going to sleep right afterwards. My Cataplexy has gotten worse as I have gotten older, which is the worst part. I cant ............um..... be as creative as I once was due to the fact I could hurt myself or him. OH and freaking BOOOOOOO!!! sad.gif no more shower sex! ARGH!

I'm the worst lay. poor guy. I love him!

#11 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:14 AM

These are the things (as narcoleptics) we MUST fight. If we just give up on keeping the things in life we LOVE, then we've ALL lost. It's not a fight with an actual opponent, but with a condition.

N will NEVER keep me from enjoying life (he says KNOWING it has and will in the future).

As I get older, I find myself becoming more and more affraid of driving. This is a sort of "throwing down the gloves" to me.

At what point do we say, "Oh...HELL no N is NOT taking that away from me!"

#12 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (Marcianna @ Aug 2 2008, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm the worst lay. poor guy. I love him!

I doubt he thinks that...I doubt YOU think that smile.gif
Nothing is worse than catting and hearing "what the hell is wrong w/ him/her?"
And in bed...THAT would really suck.

8 years means more than just good training...
I think that means there's an element of trust that's hard to find.

Okay, okay...and probably some pretty good training too wink.gif

#13 Damian

Damian

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (greatbig47 @ Aug 5 2008, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These are the things (as narcoleptics) we MUST fight. If we just give up on keeping the things in life we LOVE, then we've ALL lost. It's not a fight with an actual opponent, but with a condition.

N will NEVER keep me from enjoying life (he says KNOWING it has and will in the future).

As I get older, I find myself becoming more and more affraid of driving. This is a sort of "throwing down the gloves" to me.

At what point do we say, "Oh...HELL no N is NOT taking that away from me!"

TOTALLY AGREE GREATBIG47.
I think that you are still fighting the battle very well, you must be for the way you support others.
Do think you lucky still driving, I loved my cars, without um so empty can't go anywhere when wanting to, miss drives in local areas etc The driving authorities wrote to me, DVLA and revoked my licence beause I had N. all this within the first month of being diagnosed.

#14 Lais02

Lais02

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:23 PM

So it took me a while to comment on this one... I've been deprived lol. So anyways now I can tongue.gif !!!

Normally my cataplexy is very mild... nothing more than feeling week, and losing control of muscles in my face for a second.

I noticed after sex that I don't know what is and is not cataplexy! lol One thing I do know is I can't stand up after it for at least 5 min. If I try I just fall back down. Weird, but tolerable. smile.gif

#15 Damian

Damian

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Lais02 @ Aug 5 2008, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So it took me a while to comment on this one... I've been deprived lol. So anyways now I can tongue.gif !!!

Normally my cataplexy is very mild... nothing more than feeling week, and losing control of muscles in my face for a second.

I noticed after sex that I don't know what is and is not cataplexy! lol One thing I do know is I can't stand up after it for at least 5 min. If I try I just fall back down. Weird, but tolerable. smile.gif

You have got to remember that the cataplexy is triggered mainly by emotions or cause you resist attacks and don't nap, but if cat attacks come on with laughter, anger etc in my case I think that its there when I experience satisfaction. I to would fall if I tried to stand up straight away usually have to give it a minute but by then I'm out of it in a nap only for bout 5-10mins then I awake again but would struggle alot if I had do it again straight away.

#16 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:01 PM

[quote name='greatbig47' date='Aug 5 2008, 06:21 AM' post='4222'

[/quote]

Damn good training too! I was thinking of making a video....

lol. Just kidding. tongue.gif

#17 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:01 PM

[quote name='greatbig47' date='Aug 5 2008, 06:21 AM' post='4222'

[/quote]

Damn good training too! I was thinking of making a video....

lol. Just kidding. tongue.gif

#18 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (Lais02 @ Aug 5 2008, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

::Whispers in Lais02's ear::

(congratulations! Woo Hoo Go You!!!!!)

#19 Henry G

Henry G

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:14 AM

I remember I had sex once (many moons back)

But it was nice, and then I got a fright, immediately afterwards I was transposed to another dimension

I was in a planet which had a purple sky and then many bolts of lightning began forming, spreading from the ground upwards in harmonic succession.

I was on top of a hill in a road and could see an alien metropolis at the end of the road.

The experience was so extremely real and vivid, I began getting lost in it and then seriously freaking out: I wanted to go back to normal. The illusion faded away and I could then only see the face of my partner then smiling back, probably thinking: "That must have been good for him, he looks pretty spaced out".

#20 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE (Damian @ Jul 22 2008, 06:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyone else?

ha ha it has just occurred to me...... leave it to a guy to wanna talk about sex!!! lol.
Just kidding Damian. It's a really good topic and one that shouldn't be taboo. I'm glad you brought it up....