Serving 7-state region surrounding Metro Chicago
Center for Narcolepsy Research
University of Illinois at Chicago

#2 sdidavide

sdidavide

• Administrators
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:47 AM

That support group is no longer active. There is an active support group that meets monthly in Evanston the second Saturday of the month from 10:00-11:30. Please feel free to contact me for any info. sdidavide@hotmail.com
Thanks
Sarah

#3 RKINDIG

RKINDIG

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

I am currently working on a rogerian argument about narcolepsy and the advancement of treatment.

General Description of the Purpose: "In this paper, I plan to convince the general population of college students and professors studying medicine that, narcolepsy is a serious, misunderstood, and unrecognized disorder that can affect ones quality of day-to-day life, and medicine needs faster research, for the sake of the next generation. Narcolepsy is a fairly new sleep disorder, and there aren’t many people with parents with narcolepsy, but many children are starting to get diagnosed with narcolepsy and if medicine doesn’t further, their children will be severely affected."

I just need help or more information about how I can go about writing this paper. My mother was diagnosed with narcolepsy right before I was born, and information is hard to find.

#4 Corsair027

Corsair027

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Japanese Language and Culture
    Wood Working
    SciFI/Fantasy Books and Movies

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

Anyone interested in starting a group in the west burbs? Naperville area?

#5 sleepingmonkey

sleepingmonkey

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Phish, parenting, painting, wire wrapping healing stones/crystals into jewelry, books (postmodernism, fictional prose, gallows humor, satire), dining al fresco, the sun on my face & the grass between my toes, fashion

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

I'm in the NW burbs of Chicago - interested in whatever is within an hour or so driving! Closer if on week days.