Are There Any Support Groups In The Nashville Tennessee Area

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 akemp0523

akemp0523

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:53 AM

Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any support groups in the Nashville Tennessee area? I really think I need to try and connect to some people that are going through the same things as I am and can relate to my feelings.
Thanks,
Ann

#2 caroline

caroline

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:I just found this site today, and am very thankful that I did. Today, I have been feeling overwhelmed by this disease; so, it is good to know that I am not alone. All my life, I have been easily tired and needed more sleep than most people, but I just thought it was my metabolism or that I was just lazy. I am 59 years old, and only got my diagnosis of narcolepsy less than a year ago. I can remember complaining of feeling tired all the time, but the doctors usually recomended a healthier life style ie lose weight. I did, then found it was the eating all the time that had kept me awake to drive, to work,even to read a book.

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:15 AM

Hi Ann,
I just happened to notice your message, and although I know nothing about any support groups in your area-I am from Tennessee also. My area is around Chattanooga, and to my knowledge there are no support groups, but I sure think we need some. Just finding this board, has helped me not to feel so very alone.

#3 wardbennett

wardbennett

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (akemp0523 @ May 19 2008, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any support groups in the Nashville Tennessee area? I

There is a support group in Nashville that meets every couple of months. If you email me off line I'll give you the contact information - only a phone number, no email unfortunately.

-Tina

#4 JenniO

JenniO

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (caroline @ Jun 1 2008, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Ann,
I just happened to notice your message, and although I know nothing about any support groups in your area-I am from Tennessee also. My area is around Chattanooga, and to my knowledge there are no support groups, but I sure think we need some. Just finding this board, has helped me not to feel so very alone.

Hi,
I'm in Knoxville. I don't know of a group close to us. Maybe we could form a video conference group, or something.
smile.gif

#5 nteangel

nteangel

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:29 PM

I'm in Knoxville as well. If anyone hears of any groups in this area, please let me know.

Thanks!

:-)

#6 doscious12

doscious12

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (akemp0523 @ May 19 2008, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any support groups in the Nashville Tennessee area? I really think I need to try and connect to some people that are going through the same things as I am and can relate to my feelings.
Thanks,
Ann

Hey i'm in frankilin county TN,about 20 mins from manchester.I would like to know if there are conference groups also.

#7 wardbennett

wardbennett

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

[quote name='akemp0523' date='May 19 2008, 01:53 AM' post='3523']
I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any support groups in the Nashville Tennessee area?

The Nashville Support Group is having a meeting next Sunday afternoon August 31st at 3pm. Contact me at wardbennett@gmail.com for more information.

Also, did anyone find out about a support group in Knoxville? My son is up there at UT and is interested.

-Tina

#8 wardbennett

wardbennett

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:37 PM

Here are the upcoming meeting details:

Nashville Narcolepsy Support group meeting
for PWN and/or family members

Sunday, January 25, 2009

3 p.m. at Woodmont Hills Church
Oak Hill,
Nashville TN 37204

Directions here:

http://www.woodmont....p?SID=1&Page=11

More information, Rose Weathers 615-974-3990

-Tina

#9 NarcoPhotos

NarcoPhotos

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (wardbennett @ Jan 13 2009, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here are the upcoming meeting details:

Nashville Narcolepsy Support group meeting
for PWN and/or family members

Sunday, January 25, 2009

GREAT! I will be there!!

#10 NarcoPhotos

NarcoPhotos

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:21 PM

Not gonna make it to this one! sad.gif Any idea when the next one will be?

#11 wardbennett

wardbennett

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:51 PM

The Nashville Narcolepsy Support Group will meet on Sunday, October 18th at 3PM.

The location has changed to the West Nashville United Methodist Church, 4710 Charlotte Pike, Nashville, TN 37209-3405

For more information call Rose Weathers 615-783-0994
PLEASE CROSS-POST AND FORWARD WIDELY TO APPLICABLE LIST SERVS, E-MAIL LISTS AND INDIVIDUALS.

Many thanks,
Tina

#12 wardbennett

wardbennett

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:52 PM

I'm in Knoxville as well. If anyone hears of any groups in this area, please let me know.

Thanks!

:-)

Any luck finding a support group in Knoxville?

-Tina

#13 The Big Sleep

The Big Sleep

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:55 PM

I live in Knoxville too and don't think there are any official support groups. Anyone else know of any?