Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:17 AM
Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:33 AM
Welcome to the community!
Your supposed to do the research BEFORE you take it
Honestly, I'd never heard of it, but we have a smart board, I'm sure someone here has.
It's nice to have you around
Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:03 AM
Vyvanse is a once-daily treatment for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) that has been shown to provide consistent symptom control throughout the day, even at 6 pm.
* One capsule in the morning has been shown to provide consistent ADHD symptom control throughout the day, even at 6 pm
* In clinical studies, Vyvanse significantly improved core ADHD symptoms: attention (e.g., focus, following instructions) and behavior (e.g., hyperactivity, impulsivity)
* In an open-label clinical study Vyvanse provided overall improvement in 95% of children taking Vyvanse for 12 months
So from school time to homework and family time, your childís ADHD symptoms can be controlled consistently, so that others can see your childís unique talents and abilities the same way you do.
Safety & Side Effects
As with any medication, itís essential to know of potential side effects and to understand important safety information.
Vyvanse was generally well tolerated in clinical studies with children
In clinical studies, the most common side effects of Vyvanse were decreased appetite, difficulty falling asleep, stomachache and irritability. These side effects were generally mild to moderate in severity, and occurrence decreased over time.
In addition, the following information is also important for parents and caregivers to keep in mind:
* Do not share Vyvanse with anyone else and only give your child the amount prescribed by the doctor
* Vyvanse should be stored in a safe place at room temperature
* Keep Vyvanse, and all medicines, out of the reach of children
As with all medications, be sure to talk to your childís doctor about any side effects your child may experience.
Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:03 PM
That's a side effect? More like a bonus