• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Chuck Z.

Chuck Z.

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Music, Photography

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:28 PM

I've already posted a few replies to the forum, but i'd thought I'd say "hi" to the whole group! This place is absolutely wonderful! I can finally relate!!! I'm not one for tearing up, but I'm damn close to it -- Again, this is absolutely a god-send for me!

To quickly sum up my situation -- micro-sleeps, tiredness (of course), memory problems, rythmic termors (non-parkinsons), nystagmus, and of course "crashes" (I can get to a safe place before i go out and I *can* fight it off when absolutely necessary), night visions, auditory (it's always my name whispered to me when i go to sleep), rare daytime visions (see my other post about a cat, LOL).

Provigil for day and Ambien CR at night has been heavenly for me.

And now for something completely different: Does anyone know of any support groups in the Philly area?

Chuck...

#2 Cryopathic

Cryopathic

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:I like Drama , Art , Sleeping , Biology and Tae Kwon Do.

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:39 PM

Welcome to the NN Forum Chuck, Where Dreams come true! oh...Right thats Disney land....(Well some Dreams do come true here aswell!) Anyway, a warm welcome and a hug.

smile.gif HUG! smile.gif

#3 kogeliz

kogeliz

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:adhering googly eyes to random objects

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:43 PM

Welcome aboard!

Here's what I can find for support groups in PA:

http://hometown.aol.com/katlynran/

http://www.awakeinphilly.org/ (not sure if they are still active)

#4 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (kogeliz @ Apr 16 2008, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome aboard!

Here's what I can find for support groups in PA:

http://hometown.aol.com/katlynran/

http://www.awakeinphilly.org/ (not sure if they are still active)

I'd like to take a moment and ask that yall visit the meet-up area, I'd be a bit happy!
I know it's a not complete, but if yu'd go in and make an entry...it would help establish where groups are.

There is no good definitive good lists, so I'll need EVERYONES help to pull it off...

Thanks!

-STooOOOoOOOooOOOoOOoooOOo

#5 sleepyavon

sleepyavon

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Disability Activism, Narcolepsy, Fibromyalgia, RA, lipstick, fragrance, sports, FUN!, Xyrem, Cataplexy

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:25 AM

Welcome, Chuck, from your NN sister Rachel, from Texas! laugh.gif

#6 jlossrn

jlossrn

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Living life with my eyes wide open. Sometimes. Lol

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:53 PM

I could have sworn that I posted in here. lol I'll bet you all can relate to that. I'm just outside of northeast philly. Diagnosed about a year and half. Problems started almost 2 years ago. Now I have the microsleeps, automatic behavior, some tripping and dropping of things. And I too have the tremors. I was shocked to read that someone else has them. I"m still trying to figure out why. lol. I would love to find a group in the area. I need to get out of this house and interact with people. smile.gif Hope to hear from others.

Jeff

#7 Chuck Z.

Chuck Z.

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Music, Photography

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (jlossrn @ Oct 21 2008, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could have sworn that I posted in here. lol I'll bet you all can relate to that. I'm just outside of northeast philly. Diagnosed about a year and half. Problems started almost 2 years ago. Now I have the microsleeps, automatic behavior, some tripping and dropping of things. And I too have the tremors. I was shocked to read that someone else has them. I"m still trying to figure out why. lol. I would love to find a group in the area. I need to get out of this house and interact with people. smile.gif Hope to hear from others.

Jeff

I've been looking for a group for months, but nothing is active (that I know of) in SE PA.

But if you know where K of P is....... I think that would be a good half-way point to meet up?

Lemme know! My yahoo messenger address is in my profile. Be sure to ID yourself from NN, otherwise I may ignore the contact list request...

Chuck...

#8 napnow

napnow

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:I simply can't live without books!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:38 PM

Greetings from Lansdale (just a little outside Philly)!

#9 callienotfornia

callienotfornia

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:15 AM

Chuck (& all),
Check out my new post about a support group meeting in September. I'm trying to reorganize NAPS (the old hometown web link). The meeting is across the bridge, but not too far.