Photo

Calling all new users

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

#321 purpley

purpley

• Members
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Science and medicine. And staying awake, of course.

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:41 PM

Thanks Purpley.  Of course you are right - I need to advocate for myself.  I will demand the sleep study, which I know I should have done long ago if only to rule out sleep disorders.  I just seem to have lost all confidence in my own judgement - which is really not like me.

Unexplained symptoms and doctors that pooh-pooh them are a nasty combo. I've seen wonderful, highly competent people lose confidence in the face of that. It's normal because you're stuck trusting someone else who's supposed to be the "expert." Trust me, I know medicine, but I don't know cars. I hate taking the car in to be fixed because for all I know they're lying through their teeth about what I need. And if I were hearing some obnoxious sound from my car engine and took to it to five different mechanics and all of them told me it was running fine, you'd better believe that I'd start to wonder if the car was fine and I was just having auditory hallucinations!

So just go back in there imagining you have a big, tough crowd of NN members with you who have your back. ;)

#322 ffm

ffm

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:04 PM

Unexplained symptoms and doctors that pooh-pooh them are a nasty combo. I've seen wonderful, highly competent people lose confidence in the face of that. It's normal because you're stuck trusting someone else who's supposed to be the "expert." Trust me, I know medicine, but I don't know cars. I hate taking the car in to be fixed because for all I know they're lying through their teeth about what I need. And if I were hearing some obnoxious sound from my car engine and took to it to five different mechanics and all of them told me it was running fine, you'd better believe that I'd start to wonder if the car was fine and I was just having auditory hallucinations!

So just go back in there imagining you have a big, tough crowd of NN members with you who have your back. ;)

Will do.  Appointment on Wednesday so will report back.

#323 starfish

starfish

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:21 PM

Ive nearly exhausted all my options everything seems to give me allergic reactions 😭 next option is antidepressants which i dont want to take ever AGAIN bcus of past horrific experience.