Calling all new users

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#261 Lorax64

Lorax64

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:57 AM

Welcome to all! Elaine, we are not from BC but maybe someone is....? 

#262 Cstarr2

Cstarr2

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:49 PM

My name is Courtney. I am from NOLA but am currently living in Baton Rouge with my fiancé. I was fairly recently diagnosed with N within the past year. I wrote about it on a different post/forum. I haven't been very active on here but recently have had trouble adjusting to living with N and have found myself wishing I had someone to talk to/relate with about it so I found myself back here =)

#263 BeBe24

BeBe24

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:08 PM

Hello! My name is Caroline and I'm 22. I just received my N diagnosis today and I also have cataplexy. I've been lurking in these forums for a while and it's been a great help to me in understanding what's going on with me. Was taking Adderall for ADHD, but that didn't help with the symptoms after a while and I ended up getting referred by my Psychiatrist to get tested for N.

With the diagnosis, I hope my quality of life won't be significantly lessened and I'm still holding onto the hope that I'll wake up one morning without N. I know it seems ridiculous to hope that, but I can't help it and I guess I'm still in the pre-acceptance stage...

#264 Kriqit

Kriqit

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:Learning.
    Science.
    History.
    Computers.
    Senseless stuff.

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:20 AM

Welcome Caroline! I know the feeling. What gets me through the tough days is reminding myself how far I'd already gotten with the last 8 years of symptoms. I didn't know what it was then, but now that I do, I've got doctors and knowledge to get me even more out of life. I hope we can help you gather up some answers and push along toward a better day. :)

#265 alyj

alyj

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:40 PM

My name is Aly, I've had Narcolepsy with Cataplexy since I was 10 years old but got the diagnosis when I was 18. Over the years I had to deal with being yelled at for falling asleep when it was out of my control and people constantly saying 'well if you got more sleep then you wouldn't be tired during the day'. My Cataplexy is triggered by fear/being startled, being upset, and laughing. 

#266 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:15 PM

Welcome Aly!...short for Allison? That's my granddaughter's name and I've always called her alleycat. She will be 16 in January.

You must be a very strong young lady to be dealing with all this and you're just 20 now. I really hope that you're doing well and striving towards achieving your dreams. My cataplexy is triggered by exactly the same things but laughing is number one for me....I really hope that it's #1 for you too.