Calling all new users

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#261 Lorax64

Lorax64

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:57 AM

Welcome to all! Elaine, we are not from BC but maybe someone is....? 

#262 Cstarr2

Cstarr2

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:49 PM

My name is Courtney. I am from NOLA but am currently living in Baton Rouge with my fiancé. I was fairly recently diagnosed with N within the past year. I wrote about it on a different post/forum. I haven't been very active on here but recently have had trouble adjusting to living with N and have found myself wishing I had someone to talk to/relate with about it so I found myself back here =)

#263 BeBe24

BeBe24

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:08 PM

Hello! My name is Caroline and I'm 22. I just received my N diagnosis today and I also have cataplexy. I've been lurking in these forums for a while and it's been a great help to me in understanding what's going on with me. Was taking Adderall for ADHD, but that didn't help with the symptoms after a while and I ended up getting referred by my Psychiatrist to get tested for N.

With the diagnosis, I hope my quality of life won't be significantly lessened and I'm still holding onto the hope that I'll wake up one morning without N. I know it seems ridiculous to hope that, but I can't help it and I guess I'm still in the pre-acceptance stage...

#264 Kriqit

Kriqit

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:Learning.
    Science.
    History.
    Computers.
    Senseless stuff.

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:20 AM

Welcome Caroline! I know the feeling. What gets me through the tough days is reminding myself how far I'd already gotten with the last 8 years of symptoms. I didn't know what it was then, but now that I do, I've got doctors and knowledge to get me even more out of life. I hope we can help you gather up some answers and push along toward a better day. :)