Junie

After 15 yrs have developed allergy to medication

6 posts in this topic

I posted here about my reaction to Adderall IR and decided to give pure dexedrine a try instead.  I get mouth sores and a horrible metallic taste from Adderall and after I tried just 1 dexedrine by evening I had the same reaction but twice as bad as with the dexedrine.

Im starting to think any amphetamine may cause this and I have not a clue what I should try next.  Can anyone shed any light on this?

Years ago I tried Ritalin and Provigil and didnt respond well to them.

I need suggestions that I can take to my doctor.  Any ideas for me?  

Pic of the sores? What other medication are you taking? Any heartburn? 

My guess, outside of an allergy, would be dry mouth from amphetamines is causing the problem. 

Dont know if allergy is right word but it is a reaction.  I went off adderall for 2 mos. to see if it would go away and it did.  Then tried adderall agin and it came back within a day or two.  Stopped again and it went away thats when I thought I would try the dexedrine  Had 1 dex and by that evening it was back except worse.

Mouth is dry but thats not the worrisome part, I can deal with that.  The worrisome part is the inside of my my is raw and without something I am housebound and unable to drive.

Since there is dexedrine in adderall thats the part that is causing this reaction I guess....my thinking was it was the other ingredient in adderall but I was wrong.

I need to try some other medication but not sure what

Strong coffee, dark chocolate, cacao, yerba mate, cayenne, etc. might help to get you by until you see the doc. Exercise outdoors daily, if you can manage at all.

There's Nuvigil and Desoxyn in the meds department. You might be able to order some Potolisant, if you looked into it - it's approved in the EU, I believe, and may be allowed into the U.S. under certain conditions.

Concerta is similar to Ritalin but apparently a smoother ride. I'm sorry you're having trouble with this,