Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sk8aplexy

‘A feature, not a bug’:

3 posts in this topic

"George Church ascribes his visionary ideas to narcolepsy"  By Sharon Begley @sxbegle  June 8, 2017
https://www.statnews.com/2017/06/08/george-church-narcolepsy/

-Can totally relate to this, adding it's a day to day struggle but is life.
I've not managed to fall into, nor reach, what is considered 'success' in regards to many of our societal deemed norms, 'normal life' goals, tasks, or achievements.
Be that of career, finances or wealth nor relationships.
It's all relative.

@sk8aplexy: Thank you so much for posting the statnews version of this story. I am happy to see others following real news stories as I love to do as well.

The beauty of this version is in the comments section which deserve a careful reading, including by George himself. Perhaps then he would change his mind about using his ample brain to study the disorder and to find new treatments. After all, if he really wants to resurrect woolly mammoths, he could probably just tinker with his own genome - he's pretty big (6'5") and fairly 'woolly' as well (just kiddin' George). :)

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

--by Carl Sagan

It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

US Supreme Court Justice Robert H. Jackson, 1950

This is one of the most powerful books I have ever read. As you get into the last few chapters, you will read much that is pertinent to our current times. The N connection could be made in the sense of research funding and also health insurance policy in the USA.