Terms of Service
Terms of Service
Narcolepsy Network, Inc. Message Board
The Message Board (also referred to as “Online Community”, “forum” or “forums”) is for informational purposes only, and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Should a viewer have any health-care related questions, they should promptly contact their physician. A viewer should never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking treatment because of something they have read on this Message Board.
Posters agree to the storage of any information they provide in a secure database. This information will not be disclosed to any third party without the poster’s consent except as required by law. Narcolepsy Network, Inc., its employees, webmasters, administrators, and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message the moment it is posted. Viewers acknowledge that all posts made to this forum express the views and opinions of the author and not Narcolepsy Network, Inc., its administrators, employees, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable. Viewers of the forums are encouraged to report offensive posts and behavior to the moderators.
All posters are expected to show courtesy and respect for others. Please keep postings positive and polite. Narcolepsy Network, Inc., its employees, webmasters, administrators, and moderators do not censor opinions or ideas but take seriously the responsibility of providing a safe, secure, and respectful arena for the free exchange of information on Narcolepsy and Hypersomnia and their consequences.
- Posters agree not to post any message, graphic, signature, or link to another site that is abusive, defamatory, discriminatory, disruptive, flaming, false, harassing, hateful, insulting, invasive of privacy, libelous or slanderous, misleading or unsubstantiated, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, or vulgar, or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
- Activities that appear to be illegal will be reported to the appropriate law enforcement authorities.
- Spamming, advertising and soliciting on the forum are prohibited.
- For poster’s safety, submitting contact information including e-mail addresses, phone numbers, home or work addresses in any posting is discouraged.
- Asking for the contact information of other posters is prohibited for public protection
- When submitting copyrighted materials to the forums, posters are responsible for obtaining permission from the owner and including appropriate citations in their posting. Posters are solely responsible for any information and material that they post, and are liable for any damages or penalties resulting from any infringement of copyrighted material.
- By registering, a poster warrants that they are not registering as another person without that person’s full knowledge and informed consent and that they are not registering using false or misleading information.
- It is also acknowledged that some people will try to circumvent these Terms of Service for their own purposes. These postings will be reviewed and may be edited, relocated or removed and the offender(s) dealt with appropriately.
Posters agree that the webmasters, administrators, and moderators of this forum have the right and duty to remove, edit, relocate, or lock any topic, thread or posting at any time they see fit.
The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. The offender(s) may be asked to revise or remove the offending material or be subject to penalties that may include but are not limited to warning, probation or suspension. The least severe action that will achieve the desired effect will be taken but repeated or escalating infractions may lead to more serious actions.
By posting a message to the forums, posters grant Narcolepsy Network, Inc. an unrestricted, royalty-free license to use, publish, and distribute the content. Under no circumstances shall postings be copied, used, distributed, or published by outside sources without the written consent of Narcolepsy Network, Inc. and the message author.
By registering, a poster agrees to be bound by these conditions. Narcolepsy Network, Inc. reserves the right to revise or update these Terms of Service at its own discretion and will post notification of changes on the forum. By continued use of this forum a poster agrees to be bound by these updated and revised Terms of Service.